Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Traders I'm Alive But...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A lot of you know I've gone back to school at 40. It's a long story but it's a good move I think. HAHA. Give me two weeks into the semester and I'll update that.

However, my class schedule isn't ideal. I'm going to be a financial planner and there are not a wide range of class choices and times....meaning there is 1. So 3.5 hours on Monday night for tax planning, 3.5 hours on Tuesday night for Estate and Legal planning and then Tue/Thur morning for insurance and risk management. Now keep in mind I've been out of the classroom for longer than I was away from cards.

So I have trades out there (and I ow CJ some stuff) but this first week has about killed me. Couldn't find my old financial calculator. Then had to buy a basic one (they won't let you use your phones calculator on tests...go figure), get books, some of them the wrong books, return the wrong books. Getting a parking ticket night one and figure out the parking pass deal.

In other words I'm fried. But I PROMISE all of you with outstanding trades (and CJ for the Vince Carters, thank you again sir) I will try to work on this over the next few days.

PS
I was warned by a guy I play volleyball with that this one professor makes you teach yourself 3 chapters at a time then come to class for review. AND that's the tax class on Monday night. Real pleasure this guy. So I have to get through 3 chapters solo by Friday night at 9:30 CST. Plus take 3 quizzes at 150 questions each as well as additional homework assignments. That's one class of 3. So I'm alive, I'm here, it's just going to be brutally slow and I've gotta be careful how I evaluate my time.

I'm typing this to you folks and it's 2:28 and I started the Chapter 1 quiz at 11:05 (after my 2.5 hour estate planning class at night I had enough time to eat and shower before I dug in). I completed quiz chapter 1 and am barely into 2 and it's already 2:30am. I promise promise promise I'll get to them. Just be patient with me!
I am fried just from reading this! LOL

You can put a note on your profile that you only mail out once a week or something like that so others know the scoop before making a trade. I have done that during tax season when I work 65 hours a week (I am a CPA).
HA! Then you can help with this stupid tax class. I'm getting my CFP so it's weird going back to school at 40. I do personal finances for a bunch of friends and family. I never needed to KNOW the tax code entirely because I make everyone do their taxes in Turbo Tax lol
Who is this CJ guy you speak of?

I know a guy that goes by RJ, LOL ...

Good luck with the schoolwork, you can do it!
If you keep making daily posts you are giving the impression you have time to pull and mail cards...LOL

JK. It takes a lot more time to find and package cards than to type in a few words from a cell phone.
(08-21-2019, 12:25 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]Who is this CJ guy you speak of?

I know a guy that goes by RJ, LOL ...

Good luck with the schoolwork, you can do it!
Yea, my iPhone safari browser likes to auto correct RJ into CJ. Stupid phone.
(08-24-2019, 10:51 AM)btrav13 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, my iPhone safari browser likes to auto correct RJ into CJ. Stupid phone.
Just giving you the business, my good man.

We do a lot of that around here.