Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2 boxes of Hit Parade LIMITED Basketball - they must have bought out a collection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was watching the live steam from Dave & Adams Box Break Channel yesterday, and decided to get in on a few breaks. Bought a few different boxes to break online, including a box of HIT PARADE LIMITED Basketball.

I'm still waiting for the card to arrive in the mail, so here is a scan of another copy I grabbed off FeeBay:

[Image: s-l225.jpg]

1999-2000 Fleer Mystique "FRESH INK" Vince Carter Auto.

Now, no offense to Vince Carter, but compared to the other stuff advertised in these boxes, this hit is.....lacking (and only worth about a quarter what I paid for the box.)

So now, later on in the day, I end up in the direction of Dave & Adams MegaStore ans decide to stop in for supplies. I notice a pile of this same product resting in the display case. I decide to take "one more shot" at one of the better hits, and buy another box.

Remember, this is from the store, NOt the website....

[Image: 48147458061_97d2e62e13_c.jpg]2019-06-28_07-05-22 by JayKayZee, on Flickr

1999-2000 Fleer Showcase "FRESH INK" - VINCE FLOWERING CARTER!!

So, 2 different cards, from the same year, of the same player.

Quick little side note I noticed about these as well. Fleer didn't get too creative with their cards, so while these are from 2 different products, with 2 very different fronts, the backs are virtually IDENTICAL.

Notice - These are both "FRESH INK" auto inserts in their respective products:
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

I'm less upset than I am just mystified by the chances. They must have bought out a collection...

Also, HEY! since they are "vintage" they're both ON-CARD! WOO!
I'm a big Vince guy, would love to have both of these if you don't want them.

PM me, thanks very much!

RJ
Also ... yes, they do buy cards from personal collections.

I sold my Sidney Crosby Young Guns Upper Deck RC to one of the "Best Of" reps on the bay a few years back.

Let me know about the Vince autos, thanks!