Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: My recent trades on Beckett
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just wanted to let you guys know that trading is not dead on this site. I've made 3 trades on here this month, ALL for NASCAR cards. And 5 of my 6 trades here this year were for NASCAR cards. Yes, 3 of those members are part of the RFFG (Tony Corbin, Jason Yeager and Nick Wilson). I've traded with Tony many times over the years, so our trade was no surprise. Two members are not in the game, but have posted in this forum recently.
I'd like for you guys to check out what MrAnderson has to offer. He had many cards I needed and was willing to ship first as a newbie. I thought it was a great first trade and I'd recommend him to any of you. I didn't even have to give him any shipping/packaging tips.
My other trade was with paynetrain34. I've traded with him a time or 2 before, but not for NASCAR cards those times. It was a smaller trade, but still worth it.

I know some of you newer guys (or ones getting re-involved with the site) would love to make some trades here, so I thought I'd throw out some options. I'm also working on a large trade with timbart2821118. It started smaller until we realized that I've purchased quite a bit from him over the years on ebay. It continues to get bigger as we chat more. He doesn't have everything listed on here, so that slowed us down some but it will get done soon. I completely trust him and am not asking him to send first b/c of the track record he has with me already and on ebay.

So if any of you want to make some trades, look at what these guys have to offer!
(06-26-2019, 01:16 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to let you guys know that trading is not dead on this site. I've made 3 trades on here this month, ALL for NASCAR cards. And 5 of my 6 trades here this year were for NASCAR cards. Yes, 3 of those members are part of the RFFG (Tony Corbin, Jason Yeager and Nick Wilson). I've traded with Tony many times over the years, so our trade was no surprise. Two members are not in the game, but have posted in this forum recently.
I'd like for you guys to check out what MrAnderson has to offer. He had many cards I needed and was willing to ship first as a newbie. I thought it was a great first trade and I'd recommend him to any of you. I didn't even have to give him any shipping/packaging tips.
My other trade was with paynetrain34. I've traded with him a time or 2 before, but not for NASCAR cards those times. It was a smaller trade, but still worth it.

I know some of you newer guys (or ones getting re-involved with the site) would love to make some trades here, so I thought I'd throw out some options. I'm also working on a large trade with timbart2821118. It started smaller until we realized that I've purchased quite a bit from him over the years on ebay. It continues to get bigger as we chat more. He doesn't have everything listed on here, so that slowed us down some but it will get done soon. I completely trust him and am not asking him to send first b/c of the track record he has with me already and on ebay.

So if any of you want to make some trades, look at what these guys have to offer!
Thanks for the shout out. Looking forward to our next trade.
(06-26-2019, 10:17 AM)MrAnderson Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the shout out. Looking forward to our next trade.
No problem and me too. I know the guys here like to trade, but trades have been few and far between for a while now. So I thought I'd let them know there are some traders here. Of the 10 other people playing my fantasy game, I've traded many times with all but the newest member.
We've had a few other regulars I used to trade with frequently that disappeared for various reasons. Their leaving seriously slowed down trading here, so it's good to see it pick up some.
Now that I'm back home I can respond to you better. I appreciate the good words. I too am glad to see trading is not dead cause we just got into this. My 11 year old son is the reason I am here. He got into buying $20 boxes at Wal-Mart and collecting his favorite NASCAR drivers. When football season he started picking up the same boxes only in football. I bought him some hobby boxes at a local card shop (local lol I have to drive an hour away to get to it) for Christmas and birthdays he had decent start going on his collection. On December 26th 2016 our house caught fire and his collection was lost. No worries though nobody was hurt and those things were just material things. My NASCAR diecast collection and some of our more important paperwork and keepsakes were all in storage so all was not lost. Since then we are doing great we have purchased a new home and we are all healthy. I have been buying cards for him again and building his collection back up. I'm not just telling you this to get some kind of sympathy or anything we arent looking for a hand out or anything. I just want to let everyone our journey of collecting. .
Like I said I am NOT telling you or anyone else who reads this to get handouts or freebees or anything like that!!!!! I pick up cards for him when I can whether it be at Wal-Mart, Card Shop, or garage sales if I can afford it he gets them. Thanks for reading and we will look forward to trading as much as we can. I drive for a living and takes me a few days sometimes to respond to trades or messages but I am willing to trade, send first and all that stuff. Like I said just want to let everyone our journey on building our collection to add to his collection. Your not trading with me your trading with him through me. If you have traded with us before you know he writes a message on every invoice.
"Thanks from AJ and dad" I told him he only needed to write "from AJ", but he said I do all the work so he puts "and dad" LOL
I did see the note in there and assumed it was your son. That sucks to lose your house and possessions. I haven't lost much to fire, but lost thousands of cards as a teenager due to a burst water pipe. I did several trades for my nephew when he was living with me a few years ago. He was only about 5 then, so I always took pictures of him opening the package to share with the traders.

If you guys would like to bust some old NASCAR cards, I have a few early 90's boxes to sell. I have a thread from a few months ago somewhere in the forum with a list.
Yeah it was a really tough time but when you have time to think after its all done you realize materials things can be replaced and your loved ones cannot so since everyone was able to get to safety is all that really matters . I will keep that in mind (about the 90's stuff) we are off to the local card shop Monday and see what they have and get some more supplies so if we end up with some cool panthers cards I will let you know.