Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Suggestions for buying bulk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I work at a summer sports camp for limb different athletes. Each year kids submit a list of their favorite athletes/teams and I put together a grab bag of cards for them. In the past I have used COMC (never seem to have a lot of luck on eBay) to fill these lists, but with a growing camp enrollment .40-.60 per base card is stretching the budget. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Who or what teams/players are you looking for? Are you only looking for baseball? How many cards do you need? I may be able to help out with some. Let me know.
There are complete sets of Topps or Bowman cards on eBay for a reasonable price shipped. COMC changed their policies so the days of 30-cent cards are a thing of the past.

If you provided a 501©(3) name, address and EIN you might be able to get some donations of cards headed that way.
(06-14-2019, 01:42 PM)akaus Wrote: [ -> ]Who or what teams/players are you looking for? Are you only looking for baseball? How many cards do you need? I may be able to help out with some. Let me know.
The three major sports (football, baseball,basketball) are the most popular requests. Although last year there were several hockey and a few soccer. It is a national camp so teams/player requests vary. I usually try to get each kid 25-30 cards each.
(06-14-2019, 02:18 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: [ -> ]There are complete sets of Topps or Bowman cards on eBay for a reasonable price shipped. COMC changed their policies so the days of 30-cent cards are a thing of the past.

If you provided a 501©(3) name, address and EIN you might be able to get some donations of cards headed that way.
NubAbility Athletics
https://nubability.org
221 E Main St, Du Quoin, IL 62832
(06-14-2019, 08:14 PM)view from the poole Wrote: [ -> ]The three major sports (football, baseball,basketball) are the most popular requests. Although last year there were several hockey and a few soccer. It is a national camp so teams/player requests vary. I usually try to get each kid 25-30 cards each.

NubAbility Athletics
https://nubability.org
221 E Main St, Du Quoin, IL 62832
My daughter is also a camper. She loves to help hand these out.
ein - 45-3724053
I just pulled 392 football cards from 2013 thru 2018 to send your organization to hand out to the kids. The Beckett value is around $300.

You can perhaps expect them at the end of next week.
(06-15-2019, 02:50 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: [ -> ]I just pulled 392 football cards from 2013 thru 2018 to send your organization to hand out to the kids. The Beckett value is around $300.

You can perhaps expect them at the end of next week.
Outstanding. Thank you!

PM Sent.

Everybody, I just sent about $275 worth of cards to this nonprofit kids' camp. I encourage you to look at doing this type of thing during 2019 for local or national nonprofits serving kids. The hobby needs to keep going with the next generation!