Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Looking to super collect a set, need ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
its been about 5-6 years since I have collected. Ready to get back into it. Wanted a good product to super collect that holds value and has a lot of subsets and autos. Last set I collected was 2008 Leaf Certified Materials.
Hmm. Certified might still be the way to go. Most sets don't hold their value, so it's difficult to tell, but certified always seems to have subsets and a decent amount of autos and patches. prizm and optic are flashier, and probably hold value slightly better, but there aren't as many subsets and not many jersey cards. That's my 2 cents. Good luck!
Forget new products, super collect an awesome set like Topps Finest! 2004 gets you a nice crop of memorabilia cards plus rookie autographs from guys like Eli Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers, and to a lesser extent Jonathan Vilma, Matt Schaub, and Luke McCown.
I thought Select looked awesome this year and with a good crop of Rookies it might hold value well.
I've never heard the phrase "super collect" before and I've been collecting since the late 1980s. What does it mean?
(05-22-2019, 09:01 AM)hempick Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard the phrase "super collect" before and I've been collecting since the late 1980s. What does it mean?
"Super Collect" has several meanings per Webster:

1. You take out a 2nd mortgage on your house
2. Your significant other is unhappy
3. You spend 1/2 your day trying to make deals on rare cards and hope the seller is honest
4. You build a shed for all the stuff you moved out to make room for your collection

Just kidding, bdb1. Don't let any of these happen to you!!
(05-22-2019, 09:29 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: [ -> ]"Super Collect" has several meanings per Webster:

1. You take out a 2nd mortgage on your house
2. Your significant other is unhappy
3. You spend 1/2 your day trying to make deals on rare cards and hope the seller is honest
4. You build a shed for all the stuff you moved out to make room for your collection

Just kidding, bdb1. Don't let any of these happen to you!!
LOL!
(05-22-2019, 09:01 AM)hempick Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard the phrase "super collect" before and I've been collecting since the late 1980s. What does it mean?
Super collect means going after every single card of a player, or set. I super collected Vontaze Burfict for awhile, snapping up one of ones and low numbered cards, completing rainbows, etc. Others collect sets, like Topps 2015. They'd try for the master base set, the subsets, the 1/1s, and plates. That's my understanding anyways. Jaderock is a perfect example of a Super Collector with his Brunell collection, check him out Smile
I'm well aware of Jaderock. I've posted in his topic at least two or three times.

I'm also aware of what a "super collector" is, but I've only ever heard it applied to players. I've never heard it in reference to a particular product. I didn't realize that was a thing.

Thanks for the heads up.
(05-22-2019, 04:35 PM)hempick Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard it in reference to a particular product. I didn't realize that was a thing.
We are a rare breed, but we do exist Wink - 1999 Finest master set progress

thanks for the feedback I think I going to see what prizm
Pages: 1 2