Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: People Said I Need To Get "A Bigger" Piece, I Got Some "Aebischer" Cup Winning Pieces
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And here is the final piece of the trio of goodies I've been waiting on and this is by far my favorite. David Aebischer was arguably my third favorite goalie in NHL history behind Arturs Irbe and Levente Szuper, so I've been looking to add something of his for a long time. I finally added stuff of his, and boy is it a good one!

But before we go ahead, don't forget to show your support for my Bruce C. Goaltending Museum project by giving us a "LIKE" on the 'ole Facebook and a "FOLLOW" on Twitter.

Born on February 7, 1978 in Fribourg, Switzerland, David Aebischer arrived onto the NHL radar during the 1996-97 World Junior Championships, getting drafted 161st overall by Colorado in 1997. Turning pro in 1997-98, Aebischer went through the grind of going from the ECHL, to the AHL, to AHL starter until 1999-00. After Marc Denis was moved and no longer the backup to Patrick Roy, David Aebischer won his roster spot as full-time back up to Roy in 2000-01. Aebischer made his NHL debut on Octboer 18, 2000 v Columbus (ironically against Denis). Aebischer stopped 20 of 21 shots in a 5-1 victory. He then followed that up with an 18 save shutout in his second NHL game only eight days later. In his rookie season, Aebischer appeared in 26 games, recording three shutouts, and he also won the Stanley Cup with Colorado. For the next two seasons, Aebischer performed very well as backup to Patrick Roy, however, after Roy's retirement following the 2002-03 gave Aebischer his chance to be an NHL starter. In 2003-04, Aebischer appeared in a career high 62 games, recording career highs in wins (32), losses (19), and shutouts (4). After the lockout year, Aebischer formed a goaltending tandem with rookie Peter Budaj, before Aebischer was traded to Montreal in exchange for Jose Theodore. In Montreal, Aebischer posted average numbers over two seasons before being signed by Phoenix in 2007. With the Coyotes, Aebischer appeared in one single game before returning to Europe. After a tryout with the new Winnipeg Jets in 2011-12, Aebischer played with their minor affiliate in St. John's before again returning to Europe. Aebischer retired following the 2014-15 campaign and has since been a goaltending coach over in Switzerland.

In his NHL career, David Aebischer appeared in 214 games, and recorded a 106-74-12-5 record with 13 shutouts, five assists, a 2.52GAA, and a 0.912% save average. In 13 playoff games, Aebischer recorded a 6-5 record with one shutout, a 2.07GAA, and a 0.922% save average.

What you are looking at right now is a countlessly photo and video matched Koho glove and blocker set used by David Aebischer in the second half of the 2000-01 season including the regular season and playoffs. Wearing this set, Aebischer recorded his playoff debut, and his third career shutout. On top of that, he wore this set on the bench while he won the Stanley Cup as the number two goalie to Patrick Roy. On top of that, this set was utilized into the first part of the 2001-02 season including training camp, pre season and is photomatched as far as November 21, 2001.

Acquired from: Mike Hogan of Ice Violence

Dates of Game Use: Second half 2000-01, to November 21, 2001 definitively (likely switched in December)

Photomatched: YES

[Image: aebmatch_zpsy37ndijb.jpg]

[Image: aebischer1_zpsvc0hsy1g.jpg]

[Image: aebischer2_zpshw6htkwv.jpg]

[Image: aebischer3_zps02zvidl1.jpg]

[Image: aebischer4_zpsey5yobuu.jpg]

[Image: aebischer5_zps4z8oplrr.jpg]

[Image: aebischer6_zpsdq2wutab.jpg]
Nice wear