Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Jimmie Johnson AU #16 is here...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just got a new JJ AU/RU card in the mail today. This is AU #16, AU/RU #7 and RU #111. First, a short story about this card that I hope it clears up some info for collectors searching for similar cards. The 2017 Absolute Tools of the Trade AU Silver cards and Team Tandems AU Silver cards are listed as SN's on here AND Panini's website. But they were not SN'd by Panini. The "SN" is actually a print run and not a serial numbered card. I did a lot of searching before I agreed to buy this card and found the SN/PR issue. So here it is...

2017 Absolute Tools of the Trade Trios Signatures (#TTTS-JJ) Firesuit / Sheetmetal / Tire

[Image: 32048997857_3543e68ddc_z.jpg]
Nice card. Thanks for the explanation. One of my donations last year was a Kurt Busch Tools of The Trade. I could never identify why Beckett had it as a serial number but there was no number on the card. I wish they had just numbered them.
(02-05-2019, 09:19 PM)wilsonsportscards Wrote: [ -> ]Nice card. Thanks for the explanation. One of my donations last year was a Kurt Busch Tools of The Trade. I could never identify why Beckett had it as a serial number but there was no number on the card. I wish they had just numbered them.
Me too! Especially since the JJ card is PR20! Now that I think about it, I pulled a Kurt Busch one and a Corey LaJoie one in 2017. Lucky for me, both of those were not silver so they had SN's (20 and 5 respectively).
Adam, I recently picked this card up. What variation do you think it is? How can you tell if it is a silver or trade signature?

[Image: Custer%20front_zpsnuqldkeq.jpeg~original]

[Image: Custer%20Back_zpsvspzkszw.jpeg~original]

I have purchased several case breaks of this Absolute and the silver are serial #ed..I believe you have the trio auto non serial numbered that is in the opg. They have same foil of silver but not serial #ed...These were not made in Larson cards but even though it might look like a silver it is not unless serial #ed... I hope this helps.. I have all Larson Absolute except a few red and gold.. And all the 1of1 except one. its on the way to the house now.. See pics and silver is #ed 99 and regular isn't.. Same goes for any auto variations and and other mem cards of absolute...Base,silver,blue,red,gold. Base is non numbered..or what I would call base in this Absolute release..Update!!! Adam is 100% correct on the trio card. Crazy Panini did this...Makes me want to hit up the bay and look for some of these secret trio cards.. lol
Jason, there are 2 "silver" versions in the AU'd cards. The SN'd cards are the Spectrum Silver cards. They are holofoil fronts with a silver Absolute logo. The regular silver cards (what you are calling base) are silver logo but no holofoil on them. Beckett doesn't list them as a color, just the basic card. All the other colors of logo are Spectrum cards as well with holofoil fronts.

This is the one I have:
https://www.beckett.com/racing/2017/abso...0-14660931

The Spectrum Silver is this:
https://www.beckett.com/racing/2017/abso...5-14660947
(02-06-2019, 02:34 PM)wilsonsportscards Wrote: [ -> ]Adam, I recently picked this card up. What variation do you think it is? How can you tell if it is a silver or trade signature?

[Image: Custer%20front_zpsnuqldkeq.jpeg~original]

[Image: Custer%20Back_zpsvspzkszw.jpeg~original]
Nick, this is your card.

https://www.beckett.com/racing/2017/abso...7-14660680
Adam you are correct...I over looked the auto in the Beckett list when trying to look card up and help.. Sorry.. That is really odd they didn't make those serial #ed after doing all the others. And on top of that for a nice looking card it's a shame...The didn't make any trios in Larson...So thanks for sharing that. Hopefully it is only the trio cards they did that too..
(02-07-2019, 12:07 AM)jasonyeager Wrote: [ -> ]Adam you are correct...I over looked the auto in the Beckett list when trying to look card up and help.. Sorry.. That is really odd they didn't make those serial #ed after doing all the others. And on top of that for a nice looking card it's a shame...The didn't make any trios in Larson...So thanks for sharing that. Hopefully it is only the trio cards they did that too..
For the AU'd cards, it's ALL of the AU/RU cards that had the SN vs. PR issue. It doesn't matter if it's 1, 2 or 3 RU pieces. Also all of the Team Tandem AU's are the same way. No holofoil equals no SN. All holofoil parallels have SN's.
Thanks guys. I thought mine was the trade signatures.

Adam your last line helps a lot. Holofoil should be serial numbered.
(02-07-2019, 09:55 PM)wilsonsportscards Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys. I thought mine was the trade signatures.

Adam your last line helps a lot. Holofoil should be serial numbered.
You're welcome. I can't believe this didn't come up a year or so ago. I didn't know about it b/c all of my Absolute AU's were Spectrum holofoils. I think the Kurt Busch was a Spectrum Red and I know the LaJoie was a Gold.
The Kurt was part of the trade where I got the Danica and Gordon Showcase AU's last year. I traded the LaJoie to corbinssportscards and then found a buyer that he sold it to a couple of months later.
Pages: 1 2