Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: A Look Back At My Favorite Additions to the Museum in 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's the end of the year so it's time for my annual look back at my top ten favorite additions to the goalie museum. Looking back, I had many cool pieces come into my collection, so this was a tough list to break down to only 10 choices, but...here they are:

10) 2011-12 Johan Hedberg Game Used New Jersey Devils Stick. Photomatched to one of the underrated goalies of the game, I am generally not fond of sticks, but this is one of the exceptions as they are so tough to photomatch:

[Image: hedberg1_zpsuckx7t45.jpg]

9) 2015-16 Andrew Hammond Game Worn Ottawa Senators Jersey. A goalie that was absolutely unreal in his rookie season of 2014-15 when he recorded only 1 loss in 24 contests. This is from his second year and features great wear and I was excited to receive this one.

[Image: hammondboth_zpsfovelysw.jpg]

8) 1995 Jim Carey AHL All-Star Game Worn Jersey. A flash in the pan goalie who won the Vezina Trophy, this stunning all-star example highlights one of the top moments of his hockey career.

[Image: careyboth_zps5goyrqne.jpg]

7) 1998-99 Peter Skudra Game Worn Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey. A stunning jersey design of the second best Latvian goalie to make the NHL, this proudly sits in the collection.

[Image: skudraboth_zpssgkwn8ec.jpg]

6) 2014-15 Ben Scrivens Game Worn Edmonton Oilers Jersey. Used in starting minutes by the regular season "saves in a shutout" record holder, this jersey features stunning wear and with it being my home team, makes it extra special.

[Image: scrivensboth_zpslgh457io.jpg]

5) 2013-14 Ilya Bryzgalov Game Worn Edmonton Oilers Jersey. One of the most colorful goalies to play in the show, I was excited to add this to the collection in 2018 via a trade.

[Image: bryzgalovboth_zps60qsy5zc.jpg]

4) 2010-2012 Scott Wedgewood Headshot, Training Camp, and Rookie Tournament Game Worn New Jersey Devils Jersey. I picked this one up in the Meigray clearance section, and even though there was a mix-up in the beginning, it arrived in all the glory I expected with wild wear and tear you just don't see in this day and age of hockey memorabilia.

[Image: wedgewoodboth_zpspqc2lazm.jpg]

3) 2002-03 Martin Biron Game Worn Buffalo Sabres Jersey. Used at the start and end of the Buffalo Sabres' franchise record shutout streak set by Biron, this is a fine piece of NHL history.

[Image: bironboth_zpssdio1pak.jpg]

2) 1986-87 Bob Froese Game Worn New York Rangers Jersey. A jersey likely made for Doug Soetaert to begin, this sweater was modified by Froese and is a stunning example of the timeless nature of New York Rangers sweaters.

[Image: froeseboth_zpsogghogl9.jpg]

1) 1975-77 Eddie Johnston Game Worn St. Louis Blues Jersey. A true piece of history used by the last goalie in NHL history to play every minute for a team in a season, this here exemplifies what the museum is all about!

[Image: johnstonboth_zpshyctytx7.jpg]
You made some great additions to the collection this year. My favorite is the old Penguins Jersey.