Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Graded Value in Organize
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The ability to enter the grading service and serial number in Organize is helpful, but why are the values not affected? Sometimes it changes the value from the raw value to n/a which is worse than leaving it raw, but the graded value never appears. Am I missing a step or feature or do the graded card values not work correctly at all?
enter the condition to match BGS grade..............the base standard is 8 nmmt so a BGS 9 would be listed as 9 under condition, then price will change
(12-15-2018, 09:58 AM)floydtown Wrote: [ -> ]enter the condition to match BGS grade..............the base standard is 8 nmmt so a BGS 9 would be listed as 9 under condition, then price will change
I do that, but it only changes to the raw value up to 9. The graded 9 value should be higher than the raw 9 value. I also have a lot of 9.5 and 10 cards. Those end up with a n/a value.
toddcarte Wrote:I do that, but it only changes to the raw value up to 9. The graded 9 value should be higher than the raw 9 value. I also have a lot of 9.5 and 10 cards. Those end up with a n/a value.
Bumping this up, is there no answer to this question?  Why do you get n/a for anything graded higher than 9 and more importantly can that be fixed?
I sent this up to see if that can be done. As of now you have to click on the card and then the graded pricing tab.

Be nice to get this fixed