Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Jamie McMurray joins FOX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He isn't joining the race broadcast team, but will be on the Fox Sports 1 network. It's not final which racing show he'll be on yet.
Yes i heard this. Least he will have a good job still. He has a ride for old boss at Daytona also I read if he wants it..So we will have to see if he takes it. But like Gordon if you have to work a station and under contract you can't drive and be in two places at once.. Stewart wanted Gordon to drive his car when he was out and Gordon couldn't. But would be nice if McMurray can at least take that offer at Daytona. He is good there.
(12-15-2018, 07:01 PM)jasonyeager Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i heard this. Least he will have a good job still. He has a ride for old boss at Daytona also I read if he wants it..So we will have to see if he takes it. But like Gordon if you have to work a station and under contract you can't drive and be in two places at once.. Stewart wanted Gordon to drive his car when he was out and Gordon couldn't. But would be nice if McMurray can at least take that offer at Daytona. He is good there.
You can drive a car while under contract if the network agrees to it. But they don't do it for the announcers usually. Both Parker Kligerman and Regan Smith drove cars (and trucks) this season, but they are pit road reporters.
Dale Jr. will drive the pace truck for the D500, but he doesn't work for FOX so there's no conflict there. He did drive the pace car to open a race earlier this season during an NBC race. He didn't get back to the booth until about 5 laps into the race. Lastly, I'm pretty sure JMac will race the 500.
Great info..Boy I hope he does.