Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Dale Earnhardt Autograph Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do I estimate the value of cards I had signed by Dale Earnhardt back in 1997? Thank you for any help you can provide.
The only way to know values for In-Person AU's (IP AUs) or Through the Mail AU's (TTM's) is to check for recent sells on sites like Ebay, COMC, Beckett Marketplace and others. Other than that, there really isn't any kind of guideline for what the AU would be worth on a card.
Being that he is deceased AND a HOFer does add a bit of a premium to the value. But he had many years to sign cards for fans before his death. I would say the value of his IP and TTM AU's would be about the same as similar AU'd cards of Davey Allison and Alan Kulwicki, who had very little time to sign items before their deaths. I hope any of this info helps you.
This is great information, thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
(11-26-2018, 12:07 AM)Jaycubsfan Wrote: [ -> ]This is great information, thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
I'm happy to help any collector.

BTW, I have lots of Cubs cards to trade if you have some Cardinals cards to trade. I'm also willing to sell if that's what you want to do. I'm always happy to deal with Cubs fans b/c the Cubs/Cardinals rivalry is the friendliest rivalry in all of sports history! Smile
I have been tracking the autographed Earnhardt's on some secondary markets. Generally speaking it has been my observation that an on card, in person, autograph of him has been going for about $25-$30. This can very depending on the card. (Rookie card, championship card tend to get a little more.) The quality of the autograph also plays a factor. Is it a nice clean autograph, good ink on the card, centered on the card all play a factor. If it is a graded card, they seem to be going for $50-$60. Again the same factors are in play.