Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Grading Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a few bigger Pats autos and some other patch autos inbound that I'm thinking about having graded. Two questions - 1) worth it for autos and/or game used? 2) PSA or BCG? I know PSA seems to have better resale, but these are for my PC, so I'm not looking to get rid of them.

Majority are Edelman and Gronk in case that matters.
Personally I prefer the BGS holder because it seems the sturdiest of the three along with nice eye appeal. I also prefer their grade breakdowns with the four sub-grades that increments in a .5 system (as in 7.5, 8, etc). What I do not prefer about BGS is the cost. If you want your cards back in a guaranteed amount of time, you are going to pay a lot for it. If a non-guaranteed delivery is okay, I think the turn around time is about 11 months at this point. Scroll down further on the main forums and check out the grading section for more info.
I prefer the look of the BGS holders. Really, PSA does better with older cards with value, and Beckett is right with them on newer cards. They seem sturdier, and I like the gold labels when I get them Smile If it's just for protection for your PC cards, I'd go with whichever appeals to your eye. And then of course cost and turnaround times. Its freaking ridiculous at Becket. Not sure about PSA and I've only ever sent one card to them. I've had a few graded by Beckett in the past before these 11 month shenanigans. Depending on the card, I think it's worth buying one already graded at a slightly higher price than having to pay all that money to beckett and have them keep your card for a year. Just my thoughts.
(11-03-2018, 06:13 AM)jplarson Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I prefer the BGS holder because it seems the sturdiest of the three along with nice eye appeal. I also prefer their grade breakdowns with the four sub-grades that increments in a .5 system (as in 7.5, 8, etc). What I do not prefer about BGS is the cost. If you want your cards back in a guaranteed amount of time, you are going to pay a lot for it. If a non-guaranteed delivery is okay, I think the turn around time is about 11 months at this point. Scroll down further on the main forums and check out the grading section for more info.
Wow, I was actually about to send out 10 cards for grading to BGS non-guaranteed until I read this...11 month turnaround??? I think I might hold off for now...
Thanks for all the insights. I've only had a couple of cards graded in the past, both thru BGS, but we're talking a decade ago. I see a lot's changed. Good food for thought, I'm thinking the current cards are going to stay in the one touch hard cases for the time being.