Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Charlotte Motor Speedway goes pink.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The annual tradition of painting the walls at CMS pink in the fall happened today. It's in preparation for the NXS Drive for the Cure 200 race on 9/29. TWO of my favorite athletes were there today helping CMS go pink. Jimmie Johnson was there, but so was former Carolina Panther DeAngelo Williams. My all-time favorite driver and my all-time favorite Panther together for a good cause is just cool. I had to share.
BTW, DWill (as he's known in the Carolinas) is the reason the NFL started wearing pink in October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. DWill lost his mother and 4 of his aunts to breast cancer. After he was drafted by the Panthers in 2006, he got the Panthers to "go pink" and started a big push to get it spreading throughout the NFL. Here's a couple of pics from the track painting:

JJ in the foreground and DWill beside him -

[Image: 29878248447_ab6e65d9df_z.jpg]

Front and center of many of the volunteers -

[Image: 29878280947_a18f12eb47_z.jpg]
Nice. Great cause.
THAT IS GREAT
Yeah, it is a good cause. JJ usually does it every year, but I don't recall DWill doing it before. I'm surprised that more drivers don't pitch in for it.