Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2018 RFFG - Week 28 - STANDINGS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This week's race is on SATURDAY 9/22 @ Richmond - 7:30pm on NBCSN. The cutoff time to make picks is Saturday 9/22 at 5pm!!!

Also, anyone donating a prize to the prize pool this year, please PM me with a description and/or pic or scan of your donation. Donations are not required, but all are appreciated.

Here are the current points standings:

1. wsc - 1069
2. dun - 1053
3. spaz - 991
4. kev - 937
5. kd80 - 925
6. nick - 880
7. a9a - 813
8. lead - 769
9. csc - 634
10. jy - 141

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I'll go with Kyle Busch for now.
Going with Larson again...Too bad I was at Bristol and didn't get pick in that week. But he is doing good for points for sure...
(09-17-2018, 10:03 PM)jasonyeager Wrote: [ -> ]Going with Larson again...Too bad I was at Bristol and didn't get pick in that week. But he is doing good for points for sure...
I was wondering why you didn't pick that week. An extra 48 pts. would have been good for you. Looks like you, me, and a9a are the only ones that actually go to races. Mark (a9a) goes to the Daytona races. I had been going to the fall Martinsville race the past few years. Switching it up this year b/c I REALLY wanted to go to the Roval race at Charlotte! I got my tickets a bit over a week ago. I could never get to CMS before b/c all the races were at night. It's easier (and much cheaper) to just drive down there in the morning and drive home after the race. Plus it's my 1st chance to go to a road course race. I HAD to do it! And the tickets were only about $11/each more than at Martinsville.
(09-17-2018, 10:17 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering why you didn't pick that week. An extra 48 pts. would have been good for you. Looks like you, me, and a9a are the only ones that actually go to races. Mark (a9a) goes to the Daytona races. I had been going to the fall Martinsville race the past few years. Switching it up this year b/c I REALLY wanted to go to the Roval race at Charlotte! I got my tickets a bit over a week ago. I could never get to CMS before b/c all the races were at night. It's easier (and much cheaper) to just drive down there in the morning and drive home after the race. Plus it's my 1st chance to go to a road course race. I HAD to do it! And the tickets were only about $11/each more than at Martinsville.
THAT'S AWESOME!!! I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT... MARTINSVILLE WILL BE MY NEXT TRACK AND THEN RICHMOND PROBABLY...BUT HAVE ONLY BEEN TO BRISTOL 3 TIMES BUT MADE IT AN ANNUAL THING IN THE FALL AS WELL... HOPE THE WATER ISN'T RISING TO MUCH AROUND YA.
(09-17-2018, 10:56 PM)jasonyeager Wrote: [ -> ]THAT'S AWESOME!!! I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT... MARTINSVILLE WILL BE MY NEXT TRACK AND THEN RICHMOND PROBABLY...BUT HAVE ONLY BEEN TO BRISTOL 3 TIMES BUT MADE IT AN ANNUAL THING IN THE FALL AS WELL... HOPE THE WATER ISN'T RISING TO MUCH AROUND YA.
I know I will enjoy the Roval! I'm sitting in-between what will be Turn 1 and Turn 8 (in the original entrance to Turn 1). I can't wait!!!

The rain cleared out of here finally. I got about 7 inches over the weekend, mostly on Sunday. Nothing too terrible. It could've been much worse. At least the wind died down as the rain picked up. That would have been much worse if it stayed windy. Lots more power outages would have happened, especially here in the rural areas.

Martinsville is an awesome race live! It was cold as hell last October, but at least it didn't snow there like it did back in March of this year. Usually it is pretty good weather at Martinsville in October. In 2016 it was shorts and a t-shirt weather. But 2017 needed much more than long sleeves and long pants. It was SO cold and windy! The racing was still awesome though. Hamlin wrecked Chase right in front of me in Turn 3!
Advice for Martinsville: the closer to the track you are, the louder it is and the more fumes you get. You can read the names over the doors of the cars, but you also smell the fuel exhaust and rubber much stronger. The cars also create a thud in your chest when several go by at once. Once they stretch out to encircle the track, that thud doesn't stop until a flag waves. I know that Bristol is a bowl and tighter, but I've heard the fumes and sound funnel out the top of the structure like a tornado. Martinville has shallow banking and the wide open backstretch is actually blocked in by a big hill (mini-mountain) that sends sounds and fumes back inward.
It's a ton of fun though, but you'll feel it in your ears/head, lungs and rear for a couple of days. That was my experience in 2016 when I was front row in Turn 1. In 2017, I was in Turn 3 but 16 rows up. The experience was still great, but without most of the fumes or deafening roar and heart-pounding thud of the cars going by. We all certainly smelled the rubber when Chase got turned by Denny, but the exhaust fumes weren't really noticable from those seats. The higher off the track-level that you get, the more expensive the tickets are though. Front row of Turn 1 was $40 each. Row 16 in Turn 3 was around $46. Row 20 of that same section went to $50 and Row 30 was about $80 per seat.
Now that Martinsville is off my track-list and CMS will be checked in 2 weeks, Bristol is the next track on my "bucket-list". Bristol and Richmond are both about a 4-hour drive from home. Darlington is high on my list at only about 5 hours away from home. But Talladega is my next one on the list with Bristol. I love the Talladega races and it's always been one of the most exciting tracks to me. At about a 7-hour drive from home, I'd prefer that one over Darlington, Atlanta (6 hours away) and Richmond. I was SO close to getting to the April 2006 'Dega race. I couldn't get anyone else to agree to spend the money and I was with a group and not driving. So I didn't have a choice. I tried like hell to get those guys to want to see the race. It just didn't work out.
Yes sir I love Daytona never missed a race in 33 years been going since I was 2 both races as well !!! been to Bristol 8 times Talladega 4 times Atlanta 10 times

Chase Elliott should be the winner this fine Saturday night

glad your okay spaz from those rising waters
Tempted to go with Larson but I am going to stick with Logano on this one.
Coin flip for me, Harvick or Kyle Busch.

Oops, coin landed on the edge.

Put me down for Denny Hamlin.
(09-18-2018, 09:36 PM)dunnere Wrote: [ -> ]Put me down for Denny Hamlin.
That's a risky pick Tom. I don't think I would pick Hamlin in the playoffs in his home state, even if he has the fastest car all weekend. Chase Elliott still has beef to settle and the only track that would be better is Martinsville. It may seem like that crap last fall isn't on Chase's mind, but I think he's biding his time. Waiting for when it can hurt the most. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but it could. And if Chase is out of the playoffs at Martinsville but Denny's still in, don't bet on Denny. Wink
Kyle Busch
Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3