Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Something to help determine card thickness for storage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found this awesome info piece for figuring out how thick a card is and what size toploader or one-touch/screwdown to get for it.

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/blog/wp-cont...-Gauge.pdf

I printed off a sheet (4 gauges) and then cut one out. I taped it to a blank insert card. Now I can measure any card I pull and know the point size. I thought some of you guys would like to use this resource.

You hold a card edge-on to the marks and it shows you the thickness/point size.
I have this printed out, too. Never thought to post a link for everyone. Good looking out.
Big Grin

I never saw this guide before last night. Since I usually have a wide range of toploaders and hard cases on-hand, I would just see what I thought was thick enough to fit the card I was shipping out or sealing up. The gauge will certainly speed up that process, especially since I think I'll need to order more storage/shipping supplies some time in the near future.
Thanks for the help
I don't know about you guys but I have been using a lot of the 55pt but for whatever reason they are hard for me to get locally. I always have to get them online. Just seems like a lot of the inserts are thicker than the 35pt but not as think the memorabilia cards.
(09-08-2018, 02:01 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]I found this awesome info piece for figuring out how thick a card is and what size toploader or one-touch/screwdown to get for it.

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/blog/wp-cont...-Gauge.pdf

I printed off a sheet (4 gauges) and then cut one out. I taped it to a blank insert card. Now I can measure any card I pull and know the point size. I thought some of you guys would like to use this resource.

You hold a card edge-on to the marks and it shows you the thickness/point size.
Thanks! this def will help out
(06-03-2019, 11:08 PM)Stellar Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks! this def will help out
Glad to help you, Mike!