Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Look what I got in a HIGH value trade!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I finally traded the 2009 Showcase Dale Sr. Firesuit SN25 card that I pulled in the Spring. It took a long time for us to fully put this trade together, but it's finally completed. There were about a dozen more cards included with the Dale card, mostly 2017 and 2018 cards. Below is what I got in return:

I finally got a new Jeff Gordon AU card.

2011 Showcase Prized Pieces Ink Sheet Metal #'d 32/45

[Image: 43238027805_d7dcbe9801_z.jpg]

Then he tossed in this card b/c it took a bit longer for him to ship than usual. Not entirely sure what this card is, but I'm thinking it was released by Food City in their stores in 2012. It's my 1,297th JJ card.

[Image: 44144518801_f47bf5a19f_z.jpg]

Now for the biggest card in the trade...

1st Year Danica card...

2010 Showcase

Prized Pieces Ink #'d 01/25

BV $400

[Image: 43238029165_60fa6715fd_z.jpg]
Whoa...two nice autos. That was a big trade, dog. That's a great Danica card...that's what high end cards are supposed to look like. Email a picture of it to Panini so they can see...
I don't even collect racing cards, but I randomly popped in here to check the board and WOW are those some great cards. Love the Danica. Clean auto and beautiful card.
(08-19-2018, 10:32 PM)dunnere Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa...two nice autos. That was a big trade, dog. That's a great Danica card...that's what high end cards are supposed to look like. Email a picture of it to Panini so they can see...
Thanks! I literally laughed out loud to that last sentence! So you see why I wanted the Danica and why it took a while to put the trade together.
The Danica had $100BV over the Dale Sr., but I couldn't pass it up. All of the other JJ, JG and Danica cards he listed weren't even close in value to the Sr. card. My main point of the trade was to get a JG AU to replace the one I traded for the JJ 1/1 AU/Quad MEM. Even though he had 4 JJ AU's that I needed, even putting all of them and the JG AU together barely hit the BV of the Dale card. I really didn't want to trade down on that one. I wanted 1 high-value for 1 high-value, so we kept working at it until we came to my dozen cards for those 2 cards. Lucky for me, he's a set collector and I mean a master set collector. I had a bunch of random low-SN cards he needed and that really helped us make the deal. I was thrilled to finally get the cards b/c we've been working on this since May. It was delayed a couple of times due to his health issues, but we finally got it done.
He just sent me an email last night about some new JJ and Bubba cards he pulled from 2018 Certified. And I just won a Jeffrey Earnhardt AU/3MEM 2017 Select Rainbow parallel SN24 on ebay today just b/c I was hoping he needed it. Looks like the next trade is already in the works now.
BTW, he's my connection for getting boxes for wholesale prices when they 1st release. We've done lots of deals over the past few years. I didn't get in on any Certified boxes this year though, just like I didn't in 2016.
(08-19-2018, 11:19 PM)hempick Wrote: [ -> ]I don't even collect racing cards, but I randomly popped in here to check the board and WOW are those some great cards. Love the Danica. Clean auto and beautiful card.
Thanks! Once I saw it, I knew I wanted it and this was the chance to get it.

I also collect 3 of the people in your signature (Bledsoe, Sanders, and Mattingly). I don't have any AU's or MEM of them yet, but I have some nice cards of each.

Thanks for reading and replying to this thread.
Nice additions
Nice autos, congrats on the trade looks like you did well.
Thanks Mark and Kevin. Really happy with the trade. Now the only AU I'm missing of any driver I collect is Davey Allison. The Danica is my 2nd of her. The Gordon is the only one I own now, but the 2nd one I've had. Certainly not gonna trade it this time.
Adam, really nice trade. Any chance you had a scan of the Earnhardt you traded? I was just curious what they looked like. Awesome trade. Great add to your collection.
(08-21-2018, 08:09 AM)wilsonsportscards Wrote: [ -> ]Adam, really nice trade. Any chance you had a scan of the Earnhardt you traded? I was just curious what they looked like. Awesome trade. Great add to your collection.
The main card is in here:

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1611274.html

Here's the full list of cards I traded for the 2 AU's:

1996 Speed Street 600 Gold Card GC2 Dale Sr car
2009 Showcase 2nd Gear 15 Kevin Harvick /125
2009 Showcase 2nd Gear 47 Kurt Busch /125
2009 Showcase Prized Pieces Firesuit Dale Earnhardt /25
2010 Legends Holofoil 18 Dale Jarrett /50
2015 Press Pass Red 8 Clint Bowyer
2017 Donruss Press Proof Gold - 76 Ross Chastian /99
2017 Donruss Signature Series - SS-JL Julia Landauer AU
2017 Absolute Action Packed AP12 Richard Petty
2017 Absolute RPM Red RPM12 Denny Hamlin /149
2017 Absolute Silver 26 Brett Bodine /299
2017 Absolute Silver 59 Regan Smith /299
2017 Absolute Silver 97 Harvick /299
2017 Panini Torque Clear Vision Gold - 3 Auston Dillon /149
2017 Panini Torque Gold - 34 Dale Jarrett
2017 Panini Torque Purple - 63 Austin Dillon /50
2017 Panini Torque Visions of Greatness Blue - 8 Darrell Waltrip /99
2018 Donruss Phenoms P1 William Byron
Oh yeah, I figured out what the JJ card is from and found the set for sell. I'll tell you guys more when the full set arrives in a few days.
(08-20-2018, 09:38 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Mark and Kevin. Really happy with the trade. Now the only AU I'm missing of any driver I collect is Davey Allison. The Danica is my 2nd of her. The Gordon is the only one I own now, but the 2nd one I've had. Certainly not gonna trade it this time.
I may have an auto of Davey, I will try to remember to look when I get home from work on Thursday.
Pages: 1 2