Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Check out what I just got (not racing)! Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*** EDIT 9/08/18 - Post #7 ***

I just got an awesome addition to my collection. It's not a racing card, but I had to share it with you guys since most of you collect other sports too.

I posted a thread in the Baseball Forum looking for vintage STL Cardinals baseball cards. A member PM'd me and we settled on $50 for my first Stan Musial vintage card. And it's graded.
Before I show you the card: I posted a similar thread on TCDB looking for specific years of Cardinals cards to fill in years where I didn't have a single one of any Cardinals player. Thanks to both threads, I now own at least one STL Cardinals card for every year from 1957 to 2018.

Here's my sweet Musial addition now...

[Image: 29793021098_0c4b43f7cf_z.jpg]
Nice pick up, Adam. Good collecting goals.
Nice man congrats, I like the older vintage cards.
Thanks guys. My best guess is that the card was first printed around 1960. There's no telling which printing this one's from b/c the back is completely blank. Extra note: the card itself is 3 and 3/8's inches by 5 and 3/8's.
Nice addition
(07-30-2018, 05:00 AM)alstott9adams Wrote: [ -> ]Nice addition
Thanks Mark! I was really happy to add it to my collection for a good price.
Added 2 more Musial vintage cards to my collection. Bought them both here on Beckett also.

1959 Topps #150

[Image: 44495543032_b2de82aa35_z.jpg]

[Image: 30674902428_78974a6128_z.jpg]

1962 Topps #50

[Image: 44544756161_e2c0e3078f_z.jpg]

[Image: 44544754571_f8ebf4508c_z.jpg]

Thanks for looking!!!
Pretty cool if you are a Cardinals fan...

I have always batted around the idea of getting some Bob Feller cards from when he was playing...nice adds.
(09-08-2018, 09:28 PM)dunnere Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty cool if you are a Cardinals fan...
I have always batted around the idea of getting some Bob Feller cards from when he was playing...nice adds.
I've always wanted cards from the playing days of Musial, Lou Brock and Bob Gibson. The latter two were knocked off the list years ago. The expense of Musial cards kept them out of my collection for a long time. Now I have 3 of them! AND I got all three this summer! I'm thrilled with the many annual goals that I've accomplished in just the past two months. That's not even counting the other annual goals I set in January that were completed in the winter or spring.

Here are a few other goals I completed this year:

* Getting to 3,000 total STL Cardinals MLB cards (currently over 5500!!!)

* Getting to 2,000 total Carolina Panthers cards (currently about 50 over that)

* Getting to 1,300 total Jimmie Johnson cards (currently at it exactly - not counting the Knaus AU)

With the Cardinals goal, that has blown my mind! I've added as many to my collection this year so far as I was hoping to reach by the end of the year. I started the year with just over 2500 and have added over 3000 cards to the total since then. I also got several athletes in multiple sports up to 100 or 200 total cards as well.
Congrats, Nice additions to your PC. Good job on meeting your goals also.