Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Subset values
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed some sets in Beckett say "Subset cards HALF value of base cards" and "Subset cards SAME value as base cards" and some that don't indicate either one. I've always assumed subsets are automatically Half value unless otherwise stated, is there more to it that I'm missing?
I suppose it depends. In general, subsets are worth a bit less than the base issues. Sometimes a subset might be short printed, though, and that would boost its value. Other factors could affect the values, too, I suppose.
(04-20-2018, 08:30 PM)hempick Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes a subset might be short printed, though, and that would boost it's value.
I always like the short-prints.
Oh shoot. I just noticed that I used "it's" when I meant "its" and now that you've quoted my post I'll have to live with that shame forever. =\
(04-23-2018, 04:13 PM)hempick Wrote: [ -> ]Oh shoot. I just noticed that I used "it's" when I meant "its" and now that you've quoted my post I'll have to live with that shame forever. =\
I'm a teacher, and I wasn't going to bring that up.
That makes it even worse. =|