Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Panini Victory Lane set for 5/30 release - CL info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I hear you Tom. But let me tell you what my hits were from my 1st (and only) box of that product that cost me $256, AFTER it had been out for 6 months! I pulled a Kevin Harvick Triple RU SN5 (traded it for a JJ AU/RU SN48 card), a Matt Kenseth AU card and a Tony Stewart AU/RU card. I don't remember the SN's on the last 2 cards or what I traded them for, but I know I got good stuff in return.

I think the thrill of busting that box will be much greater than busting a box of NT. I also pulled some PC cards that I still have and a Dale Jr. 3rd Gear base parallel that I traded (wish I still had that one though). The thrill of busting packs is much greater to me than busting bubble mailers. Especially when I already know what's in the mailer. If I bust, so be it. I'm willing to take the risk at this time. I wasn't willing to do it at $230/box though. The price is why there are still boxes of 2009 Showcase to be found. It's worth the shot but so many are scared to do it. You will never see boxes of '09 Showcase selling for under $50, but that's what the dealers had to do to get rid of vast amounts of 2013 Showcase boxes. 2009 Showcase was a special release IMO. 2010 was nice too, but after that there just wasn't value in the boxes at the price point. Even 2010 boxes dropped below $150 at some point to get rid of them. Dealers know the 2009 boxes are worth the money to hold on to them. I wouldn't be surprised to see some get opened next year though b/c it'll be the 10th anniversary of the release.

EDIT: I meant to mention that a big part of the reason I'm willing to take the risk is b/c my tax refund check arrived last week. Smile
Adam, I hear you on the 09 Showcase...and on the thrill of busting boxes...

I put one in my D&A cart, as well...not sure when I'm buying again, though, but I just got my bonus, so...
(05-06-2018, 12:39 AM)dunnere Wrote: [ -> ]Adam, I hear you on the 09 Showcase...and on the thrill of busting boxes...

I put one in my D&A cart, as well...not sure when I'm buying again, though, but I just got my bonus, so...
Go for it Tom! Just not before I order my box. They don't say how many boxes they have. Wink
I said in your Absolute thread that I am done with that product. So get all those Absolute's that you want. I want an '09 SC box!
BTW, the NFL box in my cart is 2017 Panini Classics. It looks like a good deal at $32 and I haven't bought any NFL hobby boxes for about 2 years. The last was a Clear Vision release. It still makes me want a NASCAR Clear Vision product. They decided to make Torque instead and use Clear Vision as the inserts for that set. NASCAR Clear Vision base cards would look awesome IMO!!! It would kind of be like the Transparent parallels of VIP inserts from the early-mid 2000's, BUT as a base set. Then the parallels of the base set would have the cardboard borders (as frames) that is what they actually did with Clear Vision in NASCAR with the Torque insert sets.
Sorry brother, too late - I ended up pulling the trigger. It says 90% remaining, and when I got one it said 100% remaining, so I'm guessing there are (or were) 10 left...and now 9...

Classics was one of my favorite Donruss Football products. I bought quite a few boxes from 2006 to 2009.

A true Clear Vision would be sweet, I agree.
I guess you are right on the SC boxes. I placed my order and it dropped to 80%. I guess they have 8 boxes left.
I forgot to mention this before now. Last week, Panini bumped the Victory Lane release date to 5/30. We'll see if that actually happens.
The Victory Lane Checklist is now live. As usual with Panini, it's confusing as hell. Here's the base set breakdown:

100 cards:

#'s 1-30 = MENCS Drivers
#'s 31-40 = Rookies (including 5 NASCAR NEXT drivers)
#'s 41-50 = Playoff Race Winners
#'s 51-100 = Past Winners

There are six base parallels (Silver, Gold/99, Red/49, Blue/25, Green/5, Black/1) PLUS the 4 printing plate parallels. There are several insert sets as well. Here's the link to the full Panini CL:

http://www.paniniamerica.net/dspFullChec...m?prod=666
A good breakdown by Ryan Cracknell:
https://www.beckett.com/news/2018-panini...ne-racing/

But take a look at that Auto checklist...umm, wow, that is going to break a lot of people's spirit. LOL

No Jimmie Johnson, very limited Kevin Harvick, limited Martin Truex, no Brad Keselowski, no Joey Logano...what? Who is Wendell Chavous? Collin Cabre? And Lake Speed? Great name, but not really an Icon...

A sweet Tony Stewart auto available in the Victory Marks set, but no Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon??? But hey, maybe you can grab a nice Marcos Ambrose signature...

I'm not so sure that this release is going to be a winner...it mat not even finish on the lead lap...
I also noticed that there are no JJ AU's. As for Gordon, they still don't have rights to him. The only Panini card that he's appeared on is the 2016 Prizm card #100 of the 2015 Chase drivers.

Chavous is a nobody in the NXS and Cabre is in the NASCAR NEXT program. I believe he's in one of the K&N Series'. I know Hailie Deegan is in K&N. She is Brian Deegan's daughter.

That CL Cracknell posted would have saved me a little bit of time when I added the base CL to TCDB. I still would have had to add all the teams though. I got the base set and all parallels and 2 insert sets and all of their parallels added to TCDB last night before I had to stop. My eyes were starting to cross and my fingers were typing the wrong letters by then. Smile
Speaking of great names, my favorite IndyCar driver finally won the Indy 500. Congrats to Will Power!
Too bad Danica didn't do better though. Those cars were just wicked today. You know it wasn't Danica's fault that she wrecked if even a 3-time 500 winner wrecks exactly the same way. The rear-end of those cars were just losing all grip suddenly. I think the 1st wreck was the only one that involved more than one car.
(05-27-2018, 05:58 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]I also noticed that there are no JJ AU's. As for Gordon, they still don't have rights to him. The only Panini card that he's appeared on is the 2016 Prizm card #100 of the 2015 Chase drivers.

Chavous is a nobody in the NXS and Cabre is in the NASCAR NEXT program. I believe he's in one of the K&N Series'. I know Hailie Deegan is in K&N. She is Brian Deegan's daughter.

That CL Cracknell posted would have saved me a little bit of time when I added the base CL to TCDB. I still would have had to add all the teams though. I got the base set and all parallels and 2 insert sets and all of their parallels added to TCDB last night before I had to stop. My eyes were starting to cross and my fingers were typing the wrong letters by then. Smile
Speaking of great names, my favorite IndyCar driver finally won the Indy 500. Congrats to Will Power!
Too bad Danica didn't do better though. Those cars were just wicked today. You know it wasn't Danica's fault that she wrecked if even a 3-time 500 winner wrecks exactly the same way. The rear-end of those cars were just losing all grip suddenly. I think the 1st wreck was the only one that involved more than one car.
I think Ryan is the only one actually working on the card collecting hobby stuff at Beckett. LOL I am sure it would have been a big help.

Danica...man, that car hit the wall out of turn 2 hard. I haven't seen any part of the race but her into the wall. Too bad is right.

Will Power...LOL great name.
Pages: 1 2 3