Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2015-16 Donruss - Hobby + 2 Blasters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently got back into the hobby after a decade off. And it had been over 2 decades since I'd bought any basketball product. But the recent Donruss product got me back in and after completing that set and the previous year I bought a hobby box and 2 blasters of 15-16.

I was a little disappointed that I couldn't complete the 200 card veteran set, but I was really happy with some of the pulls. Several Warriors insert cards and 2 major hits.

Hobby Box
Base - 144
Rookie Base - 12 (nothing special really, Myles Turner may be the biggest name)
Parallels - 4 (Derrick Favors Inspirations 39/85, Kawhi points 140/165, PJ Tucker assists 14/16, Blake Griffin points 128/219)
Extra Edition -7 (including a Steph and a Production Line Klay)
Elite Series - 6 (including Westbrook)
3 of each Kings series (including Kareem and Kobe)
Porzingis Rookie Dominator

The 3 hits were
Anthony Brown Newly Crowned 45/149
Danilo Gallinari Swatch Kings 138/149
D'Angelo Russell Materials Signature Prime 17/25

2 Blaster Boxes
Base - 149 (but only 23 I didn't get from the Hobby Box)
RC Base - 4 (Porzingas)
Demarcus Cousins Holo parallel
Insert Highlights: Duncan and Kobe Extra Edition, Mitch Richmond Scoring Kings, Kevon Looney The Rookies

The 2 hits were
Josh Huestis Innovative Ink
Anthony Davis Signature Series

[Image: Brown.jpg] [Image: Gallinari.jpg]
[Image: Splash_Bros.jpg][Image: Russell.jpg][Image: Porzingis.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg]
Nice Blasters!
Those blasters were pretty loaded that year ... I pulled the Wiggins auto from that same set as your Huestis auto.
Wow, you did really well. Between the DeAngelo RPA and the Anthony Davis auto, you did well beyond average on those boxes. I love opening Donruss basketball, and put together the set each year along with all the basic insert sets. I may have to give the 15-16 blasters another try, as I think all the ones I opened had basic jersey cards in them.
(02-12-2018, 11:13 AM)djohn Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, you did really well. Between the DeAngelo RPA and the Anthony Davis auto, you did well beyond average on those boxes. I love opening Donruss basketball, and put together the set each year along with all the basic insert sets. I may have to give the 15-16 blasters another try, as I think all the ones I opened had basic jersey cards in them.
Donruss Basketball has been my favorite modern set to collect so far in any sport. I love the design of the cards and it's not too expensive to try and get the whole base set with a box or two.

And Donruss has been good to me. The 2016-17 box I opened had a Brandon Ingram Next Day Auto. As a NorCal guy, I do feel like Donruss is trolling me with 3 Lakers hits in 5 boxes. Smile

I've still got a box of 2014-15 to open. After that I'm not sure where to turn. I'd like to find something between 2010-2014 that suites my tastes.
(02-12-2018, 01:53 PM)cjgiannini Wrote: [ -> ]Donruss Basketball has been my favorite modern set to collect so far in any sport. I love the design of the cards and it's not too expensive to try and get the whole base set with a box or two.

And Donruss has been good to me. The 2016-17 box I opened had a Brandon Ingram Next Day Auto. As a NorCal guy, I do feel like Donruss is trolling me with 3 Lakers hits in 5 boxes. Smile

I've still got a box of 2014-15 to open. After that I'm not sure where to turn. I'd like to find something between 2010-2014 that suites my tastes.
I've enjoyed Donruss as well ... I actually really like the Rated Rookie "posed" photos this year ... they just look really clean.

It would be nice if they could wait just a bit longer to release it to get more of the traded/free agent players in their new uniforms.

Like, this year's set has Kyrie and Hayward on the Celtics but nobody else on their new teams.

(Carmelo, Paul George, Vince Carter, etc.)

So if they put Hoops out just so we'd have something to open the season with, then maybe hold Donruss until Thanksgiving or Christmas to get the vets in that would truly make it the best set out there IMO.

But I still do like it very much regardless.
Nice Davis welcome back to the hobby
Let me know who you are missing from the base set. I just opened about 150 packs and have a bunch of stuff you could maybe need.

Mickey

(02-11-2018, 11:33 AM)cjgiannini Wrote: [ -> ]I recently got back into the hobby after a decade off. And it had been over 2 decades since I'd bought any basketball product. But the recent Donruss product got me back in and after completing that set and the previous year I bought a hobby box and 2 blasters of 15-16.

I was a little disappointed that I couldn't complete the 200 card veteran set, but I was really happy with some of the pulls. Several Warriors insert cards and 2 major hits.

Hobby Box
Base - 144
Rookie Base - 12 (nothing special really, Myles Turner may be the biggest name)
Parallels - 4 (Derrick Favors Inspirations 39/85, Kawhi points 140/165, PJ Tucker assists 14/16, Blake Griffin points 128/219)
Extra Edition -7 (including a Steph and a Production Line Klay)
Elite Series - 6 (including Westbrook)
3 of each Kings series (including Kareem and Kobe)
Porzingis Rookie Dominator

The 3 hits were
Anthony Brown Newly Crowned 45/149
Danilo Gallinari Swatch Kings 138/149
D'Angelo Russell Materials Signature Prime 17/25

2 Blaster Boxes
Base - 149 (but only 23 I didn't get from the Hobby Box)
RC Base - 4 (Porzingas)
Demarcus Cousins Holo parallel
Insert Highlights: Duncan and Kobe Extra Edition, Mitch Richmond Scoring Kings, Kevon Looney The Rookies

The 2 hits were
Josh Huestis Innovative Ink
Anthony Davis Signature Series

[Image: Brown.jpg] [Image: Gallinari.jpg]
[Image: Splash_Bros.jpg][Image: Russell.jpg][Image: Porzingis.jpg]
(02-16-2018, 12:10 PM)mickey871 Wrote: [ -> ]Let me know who you are missing from the base set. I just opened about 150 packs and have a bunch of stuff you could maybe need.

Mickey
Hey, thanks. I've got to organize some of the stuff I've bought recently, but I'll send you a message soon.