Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2 hobby boxes of 2017 Absolute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My 2 boxes came in today. While they weren't great, they also weren't bad. I really like the designs of the cards. The base cards could do without the diagonal stripes in the background, but they look really good on the base parallels. The packaging was also nice. Each box is 4 packs and each pack is in it's own smaller shrink-wrapped box. The 4 inner boxes feature a different driver on them (Hamlin, Logano, Harvick, Larson). Inside each box is a clear cellophane wrapper containing the cards. Per pack breakdown is normally 2 base cards, 1 base parallel, 1 insert and one AU and/or RU card. The exception is if the insert card is also a parallel, then you get a 3rd base card. That happened in 3 of my 8 packs. I got 19 base cards and only one was a PC card (Dale Jr. #98).

Here are the rest of the cards:

Base Parallels:
Spectrum Silver/299 = B. Bodine, R. Smith, Dale Jr.
Spectrum Blue/199 = Julia Landauer
Spectrum Gold/25 = C. LaJoie

[Image: 37284701790_63ea23c72d_z.jpg]

Inserts (Pic #1):
Action Packed = R. Petty
Action Packed Spectrum Blue/199 = Kenseth
Icons = Dale Jr.
Icons Spectrum Blue/199 = Johnson

[Image: 23690799518_72ae15ed8d_z.jpg]

Inserts (Pic #2):
Precision = Kenseth
RPM = C. Elliott, K. Harvick
RPM Spectrum Red/149 = Hamlin

[Image: 37284671900_d948d6b2e1_z.jpg]

Once again, I got haunted by Kurt Busch. But this time it worked out well for me. My very 1st hit was he and a teammate (def. a PC card).
RU's:
Abs. Memorabilia Spectrum Silver/99 = Eric Jones
Team Tandems = Danica/Kurt Busch (FS and tire)
Tools of the Trade Dual = C. Elliott (SM and tire - might keep for now)
Tools of the Trade Spectrum Red/49 = Larson (FS and tire - probably keeping)

[Image: 37284711280_8354e4f216_z.jpg]

AU's and AU/RU's:
Absolute Ink = Kerry Earnhardt, Hershel McGriff
Tools of the Trade Signatures Spectrum Silver/99 = Kurt Busch (Dual SM)
Tools of the Trade Signatures Spectrum Gold/5 ! = LaJoie (SM and awesome FS)

[Image: 23690807768_6ddd1e64ef_z.jpg]

Thanks for looking!
Well, brother, I'm going to tell it to you straight...a bit underwhelming if you ask me. A bunch of good drivers on the Memorabilia cards, but $100 a box and nary a patch? It would have been nice to see a color break, you know?

As for the Autos - Why is Kerry Earnhardt in this product? Just because he looks like his dad doesn't mean anyone wants his autograph. Ugh, that is ridiculous. At least Hershel McGriff won races. And that is a sweet Corey LaJoie card, don't get me wrong...just in time to watch him break into the top 30 at Charlotte today Maybe he gets it figured out in the 83 with Front Row in 2018...

(10-08-2017, 07:23 PM)dunnere Wrote: [ -> ]Well, brother, I'm going to tell it to you straight...a bit underwhelming if you ask me. A bunch of good drivers on the Memorabilia cards, but $100 a box and nary a patch? It would have been nice to see a color break, you know?

As for the Autos - Why is Kerry Earnhardt in this product? Just because he looks like his dad doesn't mean anyone wants his autograph. Ugh, that is ridiculous. At least Hershel McGriff won races. And that is a sweet Corey LaJoie card, don't get me wrong...just in time to watch him break into the top 30 at Charlotte today Maybe he gets it figured out in the 83 with Front Row in 2018...
First off, I paid $82 for each box. Secondly, the LaJoie is a patch. Wink 3rd off, the Kurt Busch AU/RU has a 2-color SM piece AND the Danica/Kurt card has stitching in the Danica FS piece.
What bothers me the most is that both of my lowest-SN cards were of Corey LaJoie! The big hit in box #1 and the base parallel in box #2. I'm just happy I pulled 5 PC cards and a couple of RU's that I plan to keep for now. I'm actually considering getting more of these (blasters instead of hobby boxes though).
I didn't expect much color from the MEM cards b/c Panini just doesn't know how to do that (neither does Topps anymore, but that's a story for a different thread).
Funny thing is that I've already had offers for the Kerry E. AU, McGriff AU and the Erik Jones RU. I turned down the HM offer, but am waiting to hear back about the other two. I might get a JJ dual-RU for the Kerry AU and a few minor cards.
Nice stuff