Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 85 Star Lite All-Stars #4A Michael Jordan....VARIATION?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was tracking Jordan cards on Ebay today and came across this card that was graded by BGS and labeled as "Var", then I saw a few that didn't have the "Var" on the label.

Does anyone know what the difference is (if there is any) or if BGS just decided to throw me for a curve ball and label some as variation and others not?

Any help would be appreciated.
(09-25-2017, 12:11 PM)altz11 Wrote: [ -> ]I was tracking Jordan cards on Ebay today and came across this card that was graded by BGS and labeled as "Var", then I saw a few that didn't have the "Var" on the label.

Does anyone know what the difference is (if there is any) or if BGS just decided to throw me for a curve ball and label some as variation and others not?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, there is a variation with a small difference. The difference is the top of MJ's head is closer to the top border. That's it. Star did a few of things like that. They used the same images and cropped them differently. I know of at least one other Star card where one showed MJ's whole body and the other had him cropped at the waist - same image, just blown up and cropped. Hope that helped.

"batemanshouse"
Thank you, you're absolutely right.
I just looked at a couple and noticed the very minor detail lol. That's pretty silly.
Do you know if there is a difference in prices?
(09-25-2017, 03:02 PM)altz11 Wrote: [ -> ]"batemanshouse"
Thank you, you're absolutely right.
I just looked at a couple and noticed the very minor detail lol. That's pretty silly.
Do you know if there is a difference in prices?
You're right, it is silly. I'm not sure why Star did that. As far as the prices go they don't differ that much. I think they made around the same number of variations.