Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2014 Strata variations question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I pulled the "variation" of the Derek Carr RC in tonights blaster box. Here's my question: per cardboard connection, the "variation" is TBA. Was it ever released?? I'm 100% certain I have the "variation" card, as the stock is much thicker, and the code on the back ends in 80, not 66. Card looks just like the "regular" version though.

Just trying to find out what's going on here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Sorry, no clue
Its retail. Retail does not have a variation. So its not the variation. What color is the background. That's the parrelle it is
(09-19-2017, 04:35 AM)StylinDylan7 Wrote: [ -> ]Its retail. Retail does not have a variation. So its not the variation. What color is the background. That's the parrelle it is

Ah ok. I didn't know that the variations were hobby only. The background is the same color as all the other standard cards. Still puzzled why the code on the back ends in 80, and the stock is so much thicker than the other cards...
(09-20-2017, 02:29 AM)card_fiend2013 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah ok. I didn't know that the variations were hobby only. The background is the same color as all the other standard cards. Still puzzled why the code on the back ends in 80, and the stock is so much thicker than the other cards...
Well according to Beckett checklist the retail product only had one version. If the background is the same color as the rest of the cards and its just thicker. It sounds like just a hobby base card. The hobby version uses thick stock while retail uses a thin stock.
(09-21-2017, 05:33 PM)StylinDylan7 Wrote: [ -> ]Well according to Beckett checklist the retail product only had one version. If the background is the same color as the rest of the cards and its just thicker. It sounds like just a hobby base card. The hobby version uses thick stock while retail uses a thin stock.
That's why it's weird. Different code and thicker stock. Was pulled from a retail blaster box, not a hobby box.