Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Another 2017 Torque blaster break
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had to run to Target to get a b-day present for my niece. Of course I can't leave there without checking out the cards. I was hoping for a blaster of Select, but no luck there. They had about a dozen Donruss boxes (not touching those anymore) and 5 blasters of Torque. So I grabbed one and I'm glad I did. It was pretty good to me.
This 3rd blaster gave me my 1st duplicate (a Newman base card), but 5 of the 10 cards were PC cards. I pulled one JJ base card I needed, a Chad Knaus Directing Traffic insert for my JJ collection, 2 Dale Jr. base cards, and a gold parallel of Kyle Busch. The other 2 base cards were Richard Petty and Michael Annett.
Once again (but 1st time with 2017 Torque), the driver who haunts my breaks showed up. Here it is:

[Image: 36681323945_24984d3eb9_z.jpg]

BUT WAIT...

That's only 9 cards!

Here is the 10th card...

[Image: 36635078976_c184555c8e_z.jpg]

Thanks for looking!
That Chase Elliot should make pulling a BK hit a bit more palatable for you, Adam. Congrats on a good blaster break.
(08-20-2017, 05:48 PM)dunnere Wrote: [ -> ]That Chase Elliot should make pulling a BK hit a bit more palatable for you, Adam. Congrats on a good blaster break.
It did help. What really helped was starting the pack with the Dale Jr., Johnson, Dale Jr. cards. And then the Knaus insert and KyB parallel back-to-back a few cards later. I always pull the "hit" from the middle (without looking at it) and place it at the bottom of the stack before going through the cards. Any time that half of a pack is PC cards, it's a good pack (as long as they aren't dupes)!
Nice Elliott