Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Which box to buy???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the cost of wax boxes going up and up and up. I'm going to try and limit myself this year. So I'm asking for people's opinions on which box to buy. I'm looking at Topps Archives, Chrome, and Stadium club. Thanks for you input....
Topps Archives are pretty cool with the Retro look. I have purchase 3 boxes and in each box pulled an Aaron Judge RC plus some nice inserts, 2 boxes of Stadium club, which to me are the nicest looking cards of them all, did not pull any Aaron Judge card but got some nice looking inserts. Im not sure of the chrome cards. Also of note the stadium cards are more expensive then the Archives but if you want quality then Stadium Club would be my choice.
At the national it was 140 a box for Archives for 100 a box for Stadium Club. I dont know what Chrome will run when it hits this week.
Thanks for your feedback...
would go chrome out of those 3 but would do Bowman or Bowman Platinum over chrome
I've opened 2 Bowman boxes already and have 1 bowman unopened. Can't believe the price of bowman now compared to when I bought them for $90.00. WOW.... thanks for your suggestion
With the Judge boom, most of the boxes have gone up in prices even before they are release. Jumbo topps chrome is a good choice at the moment and have to wait for checklist on bowman chrome.
If you are going Topps Chrome stick to retail and far away from Hobby/Jumbo. With very few exceptions breaks have been horrendous and many many people are taking a bloodbath trying to figure out how they going to pay off those credit card bills they ran up. lol

Judge base seems to not be that bad but Bellinger surely seems to be a SP compared to Judge. Very little color even out of hobby boxes and what color is being pulled are players nobody wants to write home about.

another example of the Judge vs. Bellinger theory. Massive amounts of Chrome has been busted already and as of now for 2017 Topps Chrome there are 874 Judge results compared to 557 Bellinger. Nearly double. Now of course that includes inserts as well.

If you do just base it's 96 Judge to 32 Bellinger.

One last example of retail vs. hobby jumbo. I busted 4 hobby and 1 Jumbo box and pulled 2 Bellinger and 3 Judge base Rc's. Went to Walmart picked up 4 blasters and 2 value hangers and pulled 2 Judge base and a Bellinger base. Refractor. So for $500+ hobby/Jumbo I go the same value out of $100 retail.
Archives
I really love the look of Stadium Club. It probably doesn't have flashiness of the others, but the photography is excellent and the inserts are very nice looking.
Pages: 1 2