Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Matchmaker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When using the Matchmaker tool I notice when you look for matches it says someone is looking for that card but when you start a trade with that person and click on there wants they don't want that card. Anyone else notice this?
It might be that not all their wants are showing up as stars. Very few of my wants show up as stars. But if you go into the page for each card, my name will show up on the bottom as wanting it even though a star isn't displayed. I assume Matchmaker also is better at finding the wants. The process that creates the stars might have a maximum number of wants that it can hold. The wants that show up for me are generally the most recent ones I've added.
I tried mating some wants the other day about 150 cards, but only got 26 matches, the ones that did not match where the most recently added.
I think the yellow stars are not "Want"s, they are "Trade For"s. I mark cards I want as both.
I only use the "Trade For's". It seems to works for me
(06-11-2017, 11:04 AM)powelldu Wrote: [ -> ]I only use the "Trade For's". It seems to works for me
If I go to your profile and look at your organizer, it only shows "Have"s and "Want"s, not "Trade For"s.
(06-11-2017, 09:46 PM)mswatson Wrote: [ -> ]If I go to your profile and look at your organizer, it only shows "Have"s and "Want"s, not "Trade For"s.
Never thought about it using it that way through Organizer. I have all my wants in folders labeled as wants. I guess the Trade For's are only used in actual trades. Why would Beckett add the Trade Fors then it makes no sense. I guess I'm not surprised.
I don't understand why there's trade for's and wants. If you want it your probably gonna trade for it so why not just have one choice.
And the "recently traded" folder. Man, I wish they'd ditch that. Such a pain to have to remove cards from there after you make trades.
(06-08-2017, 07:45 PM)DaveyJ Wrote: [ -> ]When using the Matchmaker tool I notice when you look for matches it says someone is looking for that card but when you start a trade with that person and click on there wants they don't want that card. Anyone else notice this?
I've commented about this several months ago, without any gain. The problem is that MANY users check both boxes: "trade for" and "trade away". This way, they'll appear on your list whether you have a card to trade or a card your looking for. The solution would actually be very easy, Checking one box would automatically check the other box off. Like a light switch. When you click the light on, you don't need to worry about checking out a light off button.

We also need an ignore button. This way if they don't fix the "trade for" and "trade away" issue, at least you could ignore a user that you well know they have none of the cards you're looking for.

Last but not least, to all traders: PLEASE, if you're not looking to trade for a card, why in the world would you check the trade for box?

Pages: 1 2