Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Long Live The Queen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Gypsy Queen is live and on the shelves at Target. Picked up 3 blasters, and the Queen did NOT disappoint. I have some Heritage cards to post as well as my GQ haul. I'll do this as soon as Photobucket starts acting normal again.
GQ did away with the mini-cards and mini-variants. The set is 320 cards (301-320 are SP). There are 'cap-less' player variants (players without their caps), 'black-less' card variants (printed without the black ink .. only yellow, cyan, & magenta) and some throwback jersey & color border variants.
Interesting, especially since the codes on the back are so darned small, i cant read them to differentiate.
I know what you mean DrMitch about the small type. That's why I have a loupe right here where I open packs. Guess my eyes are getting old.
They did away with the minis? Great! Those were the only thing I liked in the set, I just saved a ton of money!

(03-30-2017, 01:03 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: [ -> ]I did an online team break last night of one case, which is the first time ever that I have bought anything of Gypsy Queen, and, I must say...I was not impressed.

I was not expecting an auto since the only Twins auto is Carew limited copies, but I was hoping for some color and numbered parallels. I only got a Kepler purple #/250. In addition to the Twins, I bought Rays and Diamondbacks, which had a couple of inserts each, and a Glassworks box topper of Greinke that I have to figure out how to preserve or display!

Sorry, Dr. Mitch, but this just isn't my taste.
I guess that's why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Smile
In my experience, Case breaks can be very good or very horrible ... if there's only 1 card you're hoping for, its probably better to get it on ebay. I never saw the glassworks cards. Could you post a pic when you get yours?
(03-30-2017, 12:48 PM)bamyanks Wrote: [ -> ]I know what you mean DrMitch about the small type. That's why I have a loupe right here where I open packs. Guess my eyes are getting old.
I think it's microscope worthy. A loupe isn't powerful enough.
(03-30-2017, 04:23 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: [ -> ]They did away with the minis? Great! Those were the only thing I liked in the set, I just saved a ton of money!
I like the minis, too. Especially the mini autos and mini relics. Now you can buy more A&G minis Smile
Well DrMitch, I don't use the loupe on the minis; quite frankly I don't like them. Seems like I always drop them when I'm sorting thru the cards. Since they're exactly the normal card, except for the size, I really don't see the point of them.

I was trying to say the type can be small on any cards, especially the card number.
From what I've seen this is one of the best Gypsy Queen designs so far. While I'm not a fan of gimmicky parallels like the nameplate & missing black, I do love the variations and the black & white. Picked up a couple Mookie variations from the bay and can't wait to see them in hand. Haven't bought any Gypsy Queen boxes since '13 but I may have to pick up a couple. Looks fun. Can't wait to see what you got Doc!
I got a Box of GQ this year I was pretty happy with it too.
I got 1 card sn #1/10
2- cards numbered to 250
and a 1/1 black border auto cant remember who ir was right now but of a Reds player
and another auto of a Reds player. If your a Reds fan this would have been a box for you Smile
and a capless
and a couple of the black ink missing. I will try to post scans soon in my PC Thread
(04-07-2017, 03:37 PM)waynetalger Wrote: [ -> ]I got a Box of GQ this year I was pretty happy with it too.
I got 1 card sn #1/10
2- cards numbered to 250
and a 1/1 black border auto cant remember who ir was right now but of a Reds player
and another auto of a Reds player. If your a Reds fan this would have been a box for you Smile
and a capless
and a couple of the black ink missing. I will try to post scans soon in my PC Thread
I'd like to see these Reds cards....
I love the green parallels!!
(04-07-2017, 05:26 PM)bengalsandreds Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see these Reds cards....
Pulled a nice Barry Larkin insert!
And the hits just keep on coming. GQ has been good. Just picked up a new blaster and got an Alex Bregman green /99 fortune teller card. I was a little underwhelmed with the box in general .... until i looked at the back of the Mike Trout card ... and it was the Bubble Gum variant. That was better than I expected.
(I think I'm gonna try for the full set of GQ this year. )
Pages: 1 2 3