Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Time to move on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It is sad to say that the traffic here has almost come to a stand still. And it is Hockey Season. I will only pay for the OPG once in awhile. It is not worth the money or time to view the same threads with minimal responses. The trade partners are the same one I have dealt with on a continual basis. Need to open up my horizons on other boards and invest my time there.
I hear ya. I am currently updating my photobucket and tradepage to do the same.
And back to the same old Maintenance on a Saturday morning.
Agreed on the maintenance issue. Finally have a morning to get my trades pulled, but guess not.

The hobby is dying a slow death. Nothing is worth buying anymore. Easier just to let others do the leg work and pick up the few cards you actually want. Lots of nice stuff to pull, but not much value on your return anymore. Some lucky pulls out there, but mostly just busts. Not enough set collectors out there. Bring them back and the hobby may rebound over time.
i feel the same
Had hoped to reach 600 trades before my subscription expired in September. Doesn't look as if there is much chance of that happening!!!!!!!
Veel I can do 32 single trades in 1 day lol.
I feel your pain and I too will be gone when my subscription for hockey OPG is done at the end of April. Not sure what other options there are for trading online, but I will still sell cards on sportlots and eBay, and I'm planning on moving some cards to COMC in the near future.

Glad to have come here and made a few trades last year, but I feel the past 2-3 months has been a waste of money with the lack of trades and number of times the site/forums are down.
If you stop paying for the price guide, how do you keep track of your collections?
(03-08-2017, 06:28 PM)shierydana Wrote: [ -> ]If you stop paying for the price guide, how do you keep track of your collections?
I have an Excel database I have built that duplicates what is have in my organize. I grab the checklists from cardboardconnection and build them. It is a TON of work but I enjoy database work at times so it is ok.

Even with using Beckett I still maintained my Excel database
Pages: 1 2