Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Are these Jordan cards worth much?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
They all are valuable. Do me a favor and don't sell them. Pass them on to your children. Those all seem to be refractors. Your brother put time into framing them and everything. I wouldn't be surprised if your brother was active on this site and a few more. It feels like I may have seen this before. Be care though, the people on here usually are pretty good. I can't say the same for some other forums. I would hate to see you get ripped off.
(02-25-2017, 02:53 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: [ -> ]Be care though, the people on here usually are pretty good. I can't say the same for some other forums. I would hate to see you get ripped off.
I agree with this completely. When I first saw this thread, I started to drool with all the cards that I do not have that I want. I know the true value of these cards and cannot afford them. I would never make an offer with the intent of trying to rip someone off. However, I cannot say the same about others. I sell on Ebay and I get offers all the time with people trying to get a $100 dollar card for $20 dollars.

As I said before, find someone that you can trust to help you identify the cards. You can then get them graded (if you want) and the case will have the name of the card on them. If you dont want to get them graded, you can at least know what each card is for the future. If you plan to sell however, getting some cards graded can drastically increase the value. For example one of the cards ungraded that you have sells for 600-800. If you have it graded and it grades extremely well, I looked up that same card and it was selling for 5k+.

Again I would be very cautious with these cards. If you plan to sell them and do not want to go through the hassle, there is a seller on Ebay (PWCC) that does consignments and his cards tend to sell for more than normal because of his huge following. Again if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask!
Thank you. That's very helpful. I'll probably keep them for at least a while. What's the market been like for Jordan cards in general? Someone said they're still going up, right? Any thoughts on value over time? I've apparently got a ton of Kobe Bryant rookie cards because my brother was heavy into Jordan collecting back when Bryant was a rookie. And even Kobe rookie cards don't seem to be worth much. I found one that I think is worth maybe $200, but most are $20 or $2.
(02-25-2017, 08:22 PM)jmattharnish Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. That's very helpful. I'll probably keep them for at least a while. What's the market been like for Jordan cards in general? Someone said they're still going up, right? Any thoughts on value over time? I've apparently got a ton of Kobe Bryant rookie cards because my brother was heavy into Jordan collecting back when Bryant was a rookie. And even Kobe rookie cards don't seem to be worth much. I found one that I think is worth maybe $200, but most are $20 or $2.
The basketball card collecting market is one of the most fickle in the business. I've seen Jordan cards that were worth $20-30 jump up to over $100. It really all depends on situations. I've personally seen some stuff of other players that I picked up within the last 4 years for about $20 that go for $200-300 right now. Jordan's value has always been the best in the industry period, lol. You really can't go wrong with Jordan, LeBron and Kobe. Do you have any pics?
Sorry for your loss. Your brother put a lot of effort in that collection keep it as is. Awesome stuff.
Jordan Cards get Scarce every year..I think only Upper Deck still might be the only License Company
to Produce his cards.. That is the reason I stocked up on Upper Deck Basketball Hobby Boxes from 2008 and 2009
Give Future generation the chance to Pull a ,Jordan- Bird - Magic -Bryant-Curry-Love- card out of Pack and alot of other Basketball Stars, Sitting on Upperdeck Basketball Hobby Boxes 2008 - 2009 2009-2010.. Check the Bay,These Boxes are hard to Find, forget the Super Wholesalers ? ? / Blowout/Dave and Adams/ Steel City / You Might try some of the Big Auction Company that only want cards that sell for over $ 5 hundred dollars each ? Heritage ?
man I would keep em some of theses cards right now are valuable and I mean valuable
I'm the original poster. Lost my original log-in, or they reset it or something. But it's me. Anyway - just to revisit the topic: I haven't sold a single card. And can't imagine selling any in the foreseeable future. I was going through his collection again the other night and reminiscing. So anyway - the collection remains intact. I really should take photos of at least the top 100 cards or so. I think you all would like them.

Cheers.

(06-28-2019, 11:29 PM)jmattharnish Wrote: [ -> ]I'm the original poster. Lost my original log-in, or they reset it or something. But it's me. Anyway - just to revisit the topic: I haven't sold a single card. And can't imagine selling any in the foreseeable future. I was going through his collection again the other night and reminiscing. So anyway - the collection remains intact. I really should take photos of at least the top 100 cards or so. I think you all would like them.

Cheers.
I'd love to see what else your brother collected. I'm also happy to see you decided to hang on to everything. Your brother put a lot of time and money into his collection and it would be a bummer to break it up. And like I said before MJ' 's stuff is always going up. Do you see yourself getting into collecting Jordan also because that would be cool too.
Amazing collection.
Pages: 1 2 3