Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: A newbie question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking, and thinking I'm going to try a break or two, but had a question...mostly just being inquisitive.

I'm looking at a break where I could get 31 teams for like $150. The only other being the Cowboys. But all those purchases combined doesn't even hit half the cost of what the box(es) would cost. So I was just wondering how these people are making any money? Or what are they getting out of it?

I've read this particular break closely, and all team cards (even base) are included. So they're not even getting to hold those cards.

Thanks for the info.
Seems to good to be true! The breaks I have done were at least $17 per team, with the highest teams being $200, and these were all card distributed. Of course, these were case breaks. Is yours just 1 box? If so, maybe it is a promotion to get them noticed and get followers.
It is a Contenders case break. Best case price I've seen is around $2000. It would seem worth it to buy all 32 teams if I could do it for $1000-1200. Agree?
Yes, especially if you are a collector and want to make a set and then sell off the rest. I would not do it if my intent was to only sell because the market (Ebay) is saturated and it would take a long time to recuperate your costs.

I watched or participated in 3 case breaks and only saw 1 Ezekiel Elliott, 1 Jared Goff, and no other 'big name' rookies (Hill, Bosa, Wentz, Prescott).

As one other collector told me, you never know who will be the next 6th round Tom Brady!!