Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: And I Thought Owning a "Pogge" Was Out of Style! My 150th Piece!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Up to 113 unique goalies in the museum and 150 unique pieces.

And here is the final day of new additions to the museum before the next...whenever that may be.

Justin Pogge was born on April 22, 1986 in Penticton, BC and was a strongly favored prospect from Prince George/Calgary of the WHL. He was drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs 90th overall in 2004 and his numbers only went up from there in the WHL. In 2005-06 he led the Canadian juniors to a convincing gold, further cementing his prospects as a future NHL #1 goalie. He transitioned to the AHL the following year with the Marlies and posted average numbers in his first pro season. In his second year, his numbers improved in all aspects as he began to get used to the faster and tougher pro game. Then, in 2008-09, he was given the call. On December 22, 2008, he was placed in between the pipes against the Atlanta Thrashers and he pulled off a convincing 6-2 victory during which he made 19 saves on 21 shots. It did not get better for him from there. In his next six games leading up to March 28, 2009, he surrendered six goals against twice, five goals against once, four goals against once, and three goals against once as his numbers dropped to really low levels for the NHL standard. My opinion I'm sticking with is that he was rushed to the NHL too fast. After the 2008-09 campaign, the Leafs gave up on him and traded him to Anaheim. While a member of their club, he spent the majority of the season with their AHL affiliate, though he was called up to the big club, never to see any game action. That same year, he was traded to Carolina. He remained in the minor league for the Canes for a season before being signed by Phoenix for the 2011-12 season. He posted average numbers with San Antonio but did get one more call-up to the big time with no play once again. From there, he went to Europe where he continues to play. As of 2016-17, he is currently in the KHL and hoping to make an NHL comeback.

In his seven game NHL career (barring a comeback), Pogge recorded a 1-4-1 record with a 4.36GAA, and a 0.844% save average. He appeared in no playoff games.

The piece you are looking at right now is a 2007-08 Justin Pogge pre-season worn sweater. Wear is minimal and includes some black marking on the crest and light piling throughout the sweater.

Acquired from: Meigray Group with LOA

Dates of Game Use: 2007-08 pre-season

Photomatched: Referenced

[Image: pogge1_zpswdb9s7io.jpg]

[Image: pogge2_zpsgvzacsub.jpg]

[Image: pogge3_zpsnrxnlria.jpg]