Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: As Captain Kirk Would Say: "Krraaaahhhnnnnn!"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before Trekkies go off on me, I know it's Khan...but not today!

Let's get down to the show. I personally hunt hardest for players with short NHL careers as these guys have the fewest NHL stuff out there and it's a matter of preference for me but AHL and below is nowhere near the same. Anyways, if you appreciate NHL goaltending, this is the place to be.

Born on April 2, 1982 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Brent Krahn was a highly sought after prospect coming out of the Calgary Hitmen of the WHL. In fact, he was the 9th overall draft pick by the Calgary Flame in 2000, the second goalie that year behind Rick DiPietro. Injuries slowed down Krahn's play in juniors, however in 2003-04, he transitioned to the pros. He played in both the ECHL and AHL that year, and also got his first call-up to the Calgary Flames club. He never got any game action with them. For the next four seasons, Krahn maintained credible numbers at the American Hockey League level but was never really looked at again by the Flames, though he did get called up in 2007 after Jamie McLennan was suspended for slashing Johan Franzen. In 2008-09, the Dallas Stars took a chance on the former first rounder and signed him to a one year deal. Again, he hovered between the AHL and ECHL, and then it finally happened. While on recall with the main team, Krahn replaced Marty Turco between the pipes on February 14, 2009 for the final period against the Chicago Blackhawks. Krahn stopped 6 of 9 shots in the team's 6-2 defeat. He never played an NHL game again. He spent two more seasons with the Texas Stars of the AHL before retiring at the conclusion of the 2010-11 season. Truly disappointing how a high first round pick only ever got 20 minutes of NHL game time.

In his NHL career, Krahn appeared in one NHL game, recording a 0-0-0 record with a 9.00GAA, and a 0.667% save average. He has no NHL playoff experience.

The piece you are looking at right now is a 2010-11 Brent Krahn pre-season worn Dallas Stars home sweater used in his final season of pro hockey. Wear is minimal and/or hard to notice due to the black nature of the sweater. A fine piece representing the last hoorah of a player who had so much potential.

Acquired from: Meigray Group with LOA

Dates of Game Use: September 21, 2010 v Tampa Bay Lightning

Photomatched: Referenced

[Image: krahn1_zpshdc6w3uy.jpg]

[Image: krahn2_zpstexiv6wf.jpg]

[Image: krahn3_zps4jpw8ume.jpg]