Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: US to Canada traders...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone else encountered the 8.5x5.5 US Customs form that they have to stick on your packages?!?! I got back three packages this morning ($9.50 each, and non-refundable) because the new form wasn't on it, and they advised that I mail in a massive envelope so the forms fit! Absolutely ridiculous. Shipping in envelopes from now on.
(11-09-2016, 03:37 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else encountered the 8.5x5.5 US Customs form that they have to stick on your packages?!?! I got back three packages this morning ($9.50 each, and non-refundable) because the new form wasn't on it, and they advised that I mail in a massive envelope so the forms fit! Absolutely ridiculous. Shipping in envelopes from now on.
Wow, what the heck is that all about. I know for the last while I have had to fill in a 5x4 customs form when sent to USA but it slaps nicely on the back of a bubble mailer.

Why are they making it so difficult to ship between countries!?!

I've received a couple packages from the states with this form on it and one came with the form filled out with 1 error on it and I got HAMMERED with over $25 in tax/duty for a trade less than $20. I'm now disputing it with the CBSA but I think I will be SOL so it will probably cost me $40 for cards that were probably worth $15 in the end Sad

I wonder if the change is with your USPS or with our Canadian customs...
(11-09-2016, 09:28 PM)richardbitterman Wrote: [ -> ]I've received a couple packages from the states with this form on it and one came with the form filled out with 1 error on it and I got HAMMERED with over $25 in tax/duty for a trade less than $20. I'm now disputing it with the CBSA but I think I will be SOL so it will probably cost me $40 for cards that were probably worth $15 in the end Sad

I wonder if the change is with your USPS or with our Canadian customs...
I use payal to ship to canada. The label includes the customs form and fits on #000 SIZE bubble mailer. Never had a problem.
(11-09-2016, 10:46 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: [ -> ]I use payal to ship to canada. The label includes the customs form and fits on #000 SIZE bubble mailer. Never had a problem.
I do the same when I'm shipping with tracking for items I sell on eBay. How do you print a shipping label through PayPal without a sale? I haven't been able to find it (maybe not allowed in Canada?)
(11-09-2016, 11:29 PM)richardbitterman Wrote: [ -> ]I do the same when I'm shipping with tracking for items I sell on eBay. How do you print a shipping label through PayPal without a sale? I haven't been able to find it (maybe not allowed in Canada?)
Try this link

https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/
(11-10-2016, 12:00 AM)hckydv7 Wrote: [ -> ]Try this link

https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/
No luck, it says "We're sorry. It looks like nothing was found at this location." It looks like it may be a blocked in Canada.
My last few shipments up to Canada have also been $9.50 each. Then yesterday I go the same PO I always go to & they charge me $2.50 to Canada?!?! No explanation when I ask why. Same padded envelope as always, no changes. Its crazy, there seems to be no rhyme or reason with postal rates. It really seems to come down to the person behind the counter at the USPS. Frustrating.
Stamps.com, people! So awesome.
(11-10-2016, 10:35 AM)androsfl Wrote: [ -> ]My last few shipments up to Canada have also been $9.50 each. Then yesterday I go the same PO I always go to & they charge me $2.50 to Canada?!?! No explanation when I ask why. Same padded envelope as always, no changes. Its crazy, there seems to be no rhyme or reason with postal rates. It really seems to come down to the person behind the counter at the USPS. Frustrating.
these high price is a big reason why i stopped trading
Pages: 1 2