Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Market for High-Tier 1/1s?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know what the market is like as far as selling 1/1's? I don't really like Ebay at all as far as selling cards goes. I pulled a 2016 Topps Tribute Andres Galarraga Autographs Black 1/1 and a week or so later I bought a box of 2016 Topps Legacies of Baseball Black Lou Gehrig 1/1. Is consigning this with a big lot something to do at an auction site? Any ideas or comments welcome.
THanks
there are 2 galarraga collectors on ebay that would probably pay alot of $ for that card
(09-27-2016, 06:04 PM)ounagi Wrote: [ -> ]there are 2 galarraga collectors on ebay that would probably pay alot of $ for that card
I was thinking the same thing. You might actually get considerably more for the Galarraga than the Gehrig if you list it on eBay. Just do a little research before listing, as you want to either sell with a Best Offer option and ridiculously high starting price or go to auction and let the 2 battle it out.
(09-27-2016, 09:56 PM)djohn Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking the same thing. You might actually get considerably more for the Galarraga than the Gehrig if you list it on eBay. Just do a little research before listing, as you want to either sell with a Best Offer option and ridiculously high starting price or go to auction and let the 2 battle it out.
I agree with this! I sold a Mattingly yellow printing plate and didn't even get $200 for it. I'd love to take the Gehrig off your hands if you don't want the stars and the moon for it.
Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it. Djohn, I'm not asking for the stars AND moon..lol...like i said, I'm really looking to sell verses trade but shoot me a message and we can go from there.
(09-28-2016, 12:12 AM)tshelnut2 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it. Djohn, I'm not asking for the stars AND moon..lol...like i said, I'm really looking to sell verses trade but shoot me a message and we can go from there.
I think you may have misunderstood me. I have no interest in the card. There are 2 very deep pocketed individuals that buy Andres Galarraga cards on eBay. When it's a 1/1 they go nuts and the bidding can get pretty extreme. It's not unheard of for a 1/1 Galarraga autograph to hit $1,000+ on eBay, especially if it's a true 1/1 and not a "ebay 1/1" (i.e. special serial numbering like first, last, or jersey number).
Yeah, I got it Djohn. Would you guys recommend a buy it now price or put it up for auction starting with a high bid?
If it was me I would start by putting it up as a Buy It Now with Best Offer, and list it with an asking price between $2,500-$3,500. I would set it to auto-decline any offers under $1,000, you can always go back and review the offers that were made in case someone got close. If after 30 days you don't have any offers or haven't been contacted by one of the major Galarraga collectors, then I would consider either lowering the asking price to the $1,500-$2,000 range or listing it as an auction starting at $1,000.