Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Little help on tim Hortons packs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Maybe the Canadian members can help me out here. I was going to buy a "lot" of 16/17 Tim Hortons packs on ebay. My question is, can you feel the difference in packs when there is a "hit" in it? The fillers that UD and other companies put in aren't always a deterant from searching packs. I don't want to buy the lot and have a bunch of base cards. Any help would be great. Also for anyone who knows, are the relic redemption cards thicker and is there a way to target them? Thanks in advance and I hope I can pick these up soon. Sucks that we can't get themy in the US, but it is what it is. --Joe
Hey, I've bought ~20 packs so far from the restaurants and this is what I have found. 3 cards per pack (2 base and 1 insert card) with the insert card in between the 2 base cards.

I haven't got a "hit" yet for a redemption, but I've received 1 insert card per pack and have only got 8 duplicate base cards so far (of the 60.) As for my insert cards, I have received 1 Clear Cut Phenom, a number of Game Day Action, 3 local leaders, a couple Platinum Profile, 5-6 Pure Gold.

I haven't been able to feel the difference between the packs for these cards.

I know I haven't really answered your question about redemption cards, but you are going to get a lot of base cards not matter what. I'll let you know if I end up getting a redemption.
You answered it. Thank you
Cheer! I just opened another 15 packs today and no redemptions yet. Starting to gets lots of duplicates in my base cards and now inserts.
The Franchise Force inserts (1:24) are thicker than the rest. They are like the rookies in Full Force. I have no comment on the redemptions as I have never seen one from Tim's or from McDonalds in prior years. Not for lack of trying either. I doubt they would be on thicker stock though.
Thanks. I think I'm going to find a lot on ebay to buy. Any idea what a good price would be for 10 or 20 packs? I wish they would merge with a US company so we could get some down here. Thanks again for the help and goodn luck!! --Joe
(09-27-2016, 07:15 AM)JEH177 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I think I'm going to find a lot on ebay to buy. Any idea what a good price would be for 10 or 20 packs? I wish they would merge with a US company so we could get some down here. Thanks again for the help and goodn luck!! --Joe
We pay $1.99+tax Canadian in the store. You get $1.00 off for a single pack with a drink purchase. So if you can get them for around that price you are doing well.

Tim's is now in the States in some cities but I don't think they are selling the cards down there. Did you get the McDonald's cards in the States when they used to carry them in the 90-00's?
I don't remember getting hockey cards from McDonald's. We did get baseball for sure and football, I think. I'm just a little too low on the east coast for hockey, I suppose. I'm from Massachusetts, where there is at least a decent hockey market. Now, I'm in southern Delaware, where I'm between Washington and Philly. Both great hockey areas, but not for cards. Thanks for the info and have a great day !@ --Joe
(10-01-2016, 09:06 AM)JEH177 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't remember getting hockey cards from McDonald's. We did get baseball for sure and football, I think. I'm just a little too low on the east coast for hockey, I suppose. I'm from Massachusetts, where there is at least a decent hockey market. Now, I'm in southern Delaware, where I'm between Washington and Philly. Both great hockey areas, but not for cards. Thanks for the info and have a great day !@ --Joe
I hope you find some cards at a reasonable price and good luck on your collecting! Let me know if you need any help completing any of the Tim's sets as I have been buying packs and starting to get a fair number of doubles now in base cards and a few of the inserts.

Your hockey cards are like baseballs cards up here. Few and far between so most of my trading is taking place with Americans.
The redemptions are very thin stock...pretty ud series 1 or 2 base without the foil. The Franchise force are ridiculous to get..bought a full box (100 Packs) got 5 Franchise Force (Still need to finish my Collection). You can easily tell if you have a franchise force and there are few idiots on youtube who actually document and video them weighing packs and feeling the thickness...big difference with a FF Pack. The other inserts are 1:1 but with some harder than other..Clear Cuts would be the next hardest to get, then Platinum Profiles, then pure gold, League Leaders and Game day action.
Pages: 1 2