Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: right to be upset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok just want some feedback on a current trade issue. ive made a trade with someone where I easily traded in their favour. I traded a 80 yg for a 6, three 8, and two 12 dollar cards, plus he added a ring which at one point was free in a case of beer. this is a more than fair deal for him in my opinion. we both agreed to this trade. 4 minutes, yes 4 minutes after I marked items shipped, I get message asking if I had shipped, there might be a problem. clearly I marked my item shipped, so yes I did. I'm thinking maybe a card couldn't be found, which is no issue to me, but he is saying that the problem is with the ring now involved shipping has gone from 2.50 to 14.70. I'm not sure what the issue is, I mean those of us who trade between Canada and us know that a package with tracking can be much more than that, especially on a large trade. I should also state he originally wanted $60 for the ring before I said I could get one cheaper of ebay for a third of that. I feel like I'm being used in this deal for my generosity and easy going nature also feeling he had planned on waiting until I shipped before trying to change the terms of our deal. Am I wrong to be upset with what is going on here or has this happened to anyone before, any comments with previous experiences would be awesome, thx Nick
When I Make a trade I send my items regardless of the cost to me, that is just part of trading. If you make a trade stick to the agreed upon trade, so no you are not wrong you should be upset.
Agreed. If you think shipping may be an issue you factor it into the deal AHEAD of time, not after the deal is struck. That trader needs to suck it up and honour the deal.

(09-14-2016, 04:24 PM)bluefrozencanuck Wrote: [ -> ]When I Make a trade I send my items regardless of the cost to me, that is just part of trading. If you make a trade stick to the agreed upon trade, so no you are not wrong you should be upset.
(09-14-2016, 03:28 PM)formet99 Wrote: [ -> ]ok just want some feedback on a current trade issue. ive made a trade with someone where I easily traded in their favour. I traded a 80 yg for a 6, three 8, and two 12 dollar cards, plus he added a ring which at one point was free in a case of beer. this is a more than fair deal for him in my opinion. we both agreed to this trade. 4 minutes, yes 4 minutes after I marked items shipped, I get message asking if I had shipped, there might be a problem. clearly I marked my item shipped, so yes I did. I'm thinking maybe a card couldn't be found, which is no issue to me, but he is saying that the problem is with the ring now involved shipping has gone from 2.50 to 14.70. I'm not sure what the issue is, I mean those of us who trade between Canada and us know that a package with tracking can be much more than that, especially on a large trade. I should also state he originally wanted $60 for the ring before I said I could get one cheaper of ebay for a third of that. I feel like I'm being used in this deal for my generosity and easy going nature also feeling he had planned on waiting until I shipped before trying to change the terms of our deal. Am I wrong to be upset with what is going on here or has this happened to anyone before, any comments with previous experiences would be awesome, thx Nick
I always eat the shipping cost. Yes you have a point
I understand your being upset. I think that the package the other trader was to send became increasingly more expensive once he added the ring. As the bubble mailer was no longer able to fit through the designated envelope slot the bubble mailer would now have to be sent as a small package , hence the substantial increase it postage. I agree with comments made by previous traders . A deal is a deal and the other trader should honor the trade and chalk this one up to experience. I also learned this lesson the hard way, and have now equipped myself with a post office cost brochure and a replica slot template, to ensure envelopes meet the size and weight requirements ...... No more surprises for me Smile
I never consider the cost of shipping in the cost of a trade. I've added a few cards to make it worth the postage on smaller trades, but if I misjudge the cost that's my fault. The other trader is being childish for not just swallowing the cost and learning from it, in my opinion.
The other trader is trying to make you eat their shipping cost? Not cool, man. If you need a hand with this, let me know and I will help sort things.

Randi