Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 97-98 skybox premium And One MJ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to buy one of these but am confused about what exactly it is. Is it a multi-page booklet or does it just have a cover (similar to silky smooth)? I see there are a few on eBay but some have different pictures of Jordan. Are there multiple cards?
Anyone with any info, please let me know. Possibly post an accurate scan front and back would be really appreciated.
The confusion could be that there are 2 "cards", one is the main card and one is listed as a "wrapper" card by Beckett.

The card as it's pulled from a pack has a front that looks like this:
[Image: front.jpg]

The back looks like this:
[Image: back.jpg]

Notice the sticker on the back, if you remove the sticker it looks like this:
[Image: Michael-Jordan.jpg?id=82c63fce-1208-46e8...&side=back]

If you look carefully you'll notice the back folds out, which makes an ever bigger picture and is different from the front of the card. Now, if you do remove the seal you will find that the card opens up to reveal a larger picture of Jordan along with another card inside. In the pictures below the card that is inside is on the left in the top picture and the back of the card is on the right in the bottom picture.
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
This picture can be confusing, as the person folded the card backwards and reapplied the sticker after removing the inside card.

Beckett has actually listed the inside card and outer card separately. Beckett calls the outer card a "wrapper". More information can be found in the set information regarding the "wrappers".
http://www.beckett.com/basketball/1997-9...-wrappers/

If you are looking to buy the card be sure that the sticker hasn't been removed and the inside card is still inside.
Wow! Very interesting. Thanks for thr great info Djohn!

Do you know if bgs will slab the "wrapper"? Any idea on price on decent one with sticker and card still in tact?
(09-09-2016, 09:48 AM)altz11 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know if bgs will slab the "wrapper"? Any idea on price on decent one with sticker and card still in tact?
No idea, but I would be careful with getting the "wrapper" graded, due to potential surface issues from the sticker and not sure if they will unfold to check the inside or just check the outside.