Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: How do you organize?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-15-2016, 05:32 PM)jlp1976 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks everyone for the great advice. I was going one direction with my collection but I think I may change it. Luckily I didn't get far.

That is just mind blowing. Absolutely awesome. There is no way I would ever be able design something like that.
Thanks! Smile I do database design for a living, and web development as more or less a hobby, so this was about what I've been doing for the past 16 years LOL Just wish I was better at web design so the presentation was better. But, not bad for about 10 hours of work!
(08-16-2016, 08:15 AM)bojesphob Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks! Smile I do database design for a living, and web development as more or less a hobby, so this was about what I've been doing for the past 16 years LOL Just wish I was better at web design so the presentation was better. But, not bad for about 10 hours of work!
HOLY $#!T
Well, I don't consider building my card list a part of that time. I've been doing that for several years. That 10 hours was importing the data into the database, normalizing it, building the forms and testing/troubleshooting. Longest part was trying to format the data grid with the list in it of all things lol
Sports Card Album is my favorite way to organize my PC. It is free, ready made, and super user friendly. You can check out my PC via the link below (for some reason I am unable to create a hyperlink so you'll have to paste it to your address bar). The initial page is just everything piled all together. Click on the "Select an Album" drop down menu to view each individual, sorted album and sub-album.

https://sportscardalbum.com/u/jephthah

(08-15-2016, 08:49 AM)bojesphob Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.bojesphob.com/viewcollection.aspx

This is how I'm organizing mine now. Built this in my spare time over the summer. Still working little bits on it, but also have forms for adding, assigning an image, and adding brands, sets, subsets, and players.
Very nicely done! But of course, I would expect nothing less from you!
Pages: 1 2