Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Odd Pricing for 15-16 OPC Platinum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't understand the "low" BV for some 15-16 OPC Platinum parallels.
Values listed for White Ice (/199), Black Ice (/99), Blue Cubes (/75), Seismic Gold (/50), Rainbow Purple (/25) are not much higher than base of the same player.
AND there are NO prices listed for Red Prism base cards (/149).

Any ideas why this is so???
A lot of the numbers you see on here are arbitrary and have no link to reality. Is it really possible that 95% of base cards in a set are worth exactly the same amount? No. Is it easier for companies to say they are? Absolutely.
Yeah, the black ice /99 that I had FT was BV of $2. Good thing for me the other trader agreed it was low and added move on his side to even it out.
Could it be that the reason that the prices are so low on the different rainbow parallels is because there are so many of them?

Really do not see most selling for much on Ebay.
(06-05-2016, 12:30 AM)hckydv7 Wrote: [ -> ]Could it be that the reason that the prices are so low on the different rainbow parallels is because there are so many of them?

Really do not see most selling for much on Ebay.
I would be ok with this reason if they adjusted all of the old sets to reflect that. I mean there are Roy cards with BVs of like $40 that sell for $3. So when you are trying to trade new for old it makes it really hard.
It is good to see that some parallel BV's like Black Ice and Traxx have been adjusted upwards to better reflect "realism".
(06-07-2016, 10:21 AM)asoknb Wrote: [ -> ]It is good to see that some parallel BV's like Black Ice and Traxx have been adjusted upwards to better reflect "realism".
You are correct. The one I was referring to was a BV $2 is now listed at $12.