Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: I've only purchased 3 packs of Basketball cards in my life:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
and this was in one of them:

[Image: gradednonfootball-1.jpg]
Well that was an awesome day! Quit while you're ahead! Sweet card, and congrats on the Mint 9. I've seen many, many horrible corners/edges in that product, fresh out of the pack.
I wish I would have bought the box, another guy after me bought 6 packs out of the box and pulled the dual Jordan/Lebron auto!!!! Just missed it!!!!!
Cool story. That UD Artifacts product was a fun set.
(05-18-2016, 12:57 PM)soccerscrub Wrote: [ -> ]I wish I would have bought the box, another guy after me bought 6 packs out of the box and pulled the dual Jordan/Lebron auto!!!! Just missed it!!!!!
Dang, a Lebron auto and a Jordan/Lebron dual auto in the same box is pretty sick. I may have bought any remaining packs just in case there was a single Jordan auto in one.
Pretty unbelievable. Nice job. You bought it from a hobby box, of course.
It definitely was a hobby box, I personally think that retail boxes are a waste of money.
(05-22-2016, 07:18 PM)soccerscrub Wrote: [ -> ]It definitely was a hobby box, I personally think that retail boxes are a waste of money.
They can be (depending on the product), but I've also hit autos of Bryce Harper, Kobe Bryant, Anthony Davis and Andrew Wiggins, to name a few, out of retail ... far better than I've done in hobby.

Not to mention a LeBron 1/1 base card that I hit out of Prestige this year at Target.

Or a Kaboom! insert out of Crusade that books for eight Benjies.

Or a Jason Kidd auto/10 out of a Hoops rack pack.

Here are some scans:

[Image: LeBronPrestigeFront_zpsfqtwgc4n.jpg]

[Image: Kaboom_zpsnj9n4w3v.jpg]

[Image: JasonKidd_zps9f071b0c.jpg]

[Image: KobeAuto_zpsdf59cb18.jpg]

[Image: Unibrow2.jpg]

[Image: Harper1.jpg]

[Image: KrisBryantElite_zpskckoodxp.jpg]

[Image: KrisBryantGinterFront_zpsmat7xnwt.jpg]
(05-24-2016, 09:12 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]They can be (depending on the product), but I've also hit autos of Bryce Harper, Kobe Bryant, Anthony Davis and Andrew Wiggins, to name a few, out of retail ... far better than I've done in hobby.
You've really nailed it with retail! Very, very nice.
(05-24-2016, 09:55 AM)jonathani Wrote: [ -> ]You've really nailed it with retail! Very, very nice.
Thank you ... we joke about me being "The Retail King" over on the baseball boards.

And of course I have pulled some big cards out of hobby (LeBron SP Authentic RC being the big one), but in terms of what I've spent versus what I've pulled, I'm WAY ahead on retail versus hobby.

I think the card companies are trying harder to make retail more attractive.

I remember back in the day buying a blaster of like, 04-05 Sweet Sigs basketball or whatever, and you'd get like 8 packs of base cards and maybe 1 or 2 token inserts.
Pages: 1 2