Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Panini has been quiet on NASCAR Cards....too quiet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(07-29-2016, 05:54 AM)dunnere Wrote: [ -> ]Ohhhh...I gotcha...I would definitely be interested if there is a Torque buy. I need to get involved over there again...

100 card base set...100 variations...no worries...LOL

You called this a while ago...
Yes I did call it, unfortunately. Hopefully they get enough complaints from us NASCARd collectors that they tone it down some next year. Four or 5 parallels is plenty for a base set, but a bit too much for an insert set of 15 or less cards, esp. AU and RU inserts.
Did you notice there are no Smoke AU's? Sad There are very few JJ AU's too. I guess I'm okay with that. Too few is better than too many in this hobby. Still can't wait to get my boxes!

(07-29-2016, 10:50 AM)Echo7Bravo Wrote: [ -> ]There is a Torque buy on there also, Hobby Box- $118 Blasters- $11.50

Jerry
I'll be in on that one too, but probably only one hobby box this time. I have a bunch of Target gift cards that I'll use on blasters if I really like the product. If not, I'll save them another month for Certified.

How many Prizm boxes did you get, Jerry?
(07-29-2016, 09:03 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I did call it, unfortunately. Hopefully they get enough complaints from us NASCARd collectors that they tone it down some next year. Four or 5 parallels is plenty for a base set, but a bit too much for an insert set of 15 or less cards, esp. AU and RU inserts.
Did you notice there are no Smoke AU's? Sad There are very few JJ AU's too. I guess I'm okay with that. Too few is better than too many in this hobby. Still can't wait to get my boxes!

I'll be in on that one too, but probably only one hobby box this time. I have a bunch of Target gift cards that I'll use on blasters if I really like the product. If not, I'll save them another month for Certified.

How many Prizm boxes did you get, Jerry?
I ordered three Hobby boxes from Blowout before Les did his case pre-sell. I am getting one more Hobby box and three blasters from Les. And it looks like the same amount form Les for Torque. And of course I will be getting blaster boxes of both here and there.

Jerry

Yes, I noticed no Smoke Autos...one less rainbow to chase, hopefully the Torque checklist is a little more Tony Stewart rich...

I'm going to get two boxes of Torque from Les, I think...maybe a couple of Blasters, too...I will probably not pre-order any Certified, and singles only on NT unless it looks super sweet...
(07-30-2016, 08:52 AM)dunnere Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I noticed no Smoke Autos...one less rainbow to chase, hopefully the Torque checklist is a little more Tony Stewart rich...

I'm going to get two boxes of Torque from Les, I think...maybe a couple of Blasters, too...I will probably not pre-order any Certified, and singles only on NT unless it looks super sweet...
I'm sure Smoke will have some AU's in Torque and Certified and definitely in NT. I probably won't buy NT boxes either, mostly b/c the price is going to be outrageous.
Then again, the values of those cards will be really high as it's the first release. Look at 2009 Showcase compared to the following years. There are cards from 2009 with 50 copies that have much higher BV's than 2013 Showcase cards with only 10 copies.
The sad thing is that not everyone gets a base card.....you have guys(and gals) who signed autos but don't have a base card
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5