Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Your 10 Favorite Hockey Cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I wanted to show off my 10 favorite cards some of them just because they are valuable some have special meanings here are my 10. Feel Free to Post yours
10. I just like the way the card looks.
[Image: 2008_09_UD_Black_Pride_of_a_Nation_Autographs_Pa.jpg]
9. Hall of Famer
[Image: 2012_Upper_Deck_All_Time_Greats_Signatures_GABO.jpg]
8. Another Hall of Famer from one of my Favorite Teams
[Image: 2012_Upper_Deck_All_Time_Greats_Signatures_GAJS.jpg]
7. Just a Beauty
[Image: 2014_15_Upper_Deck_Premier_128_Teemu_Selanne_JS.jpg]
6. PC Player with a nice Patch
[Image: 2013_14_Panini_National_Treasures_220_Tyler_Tof.jpg]
5. Very Nice Card with a low # of one of the Greatest Goal Scorers
[Image: 2013_14_Panini_Contenders_Rookie_Ticket_Recall_A.jpg]
4. Favorite Player Auto On Card
[Image: 2013_14_Panini_National_Treasures_Treasured_Trop.jpg]
3. This Card has a Special Meaning because it was the first game my brother and I went to together once he got into hockey (he's a Kings Fan)
[Image: 2014_15_Ultimate_Collection_Obsidian_Script_OSJ.jpg]
2. PC and Favorite Player Rookie Card Graded 9.5
[Image: img411.jpg]
1. 3 of the Greatest to ever play game all on one card
[Image: 2009_10_OPC_Premier_Signings_Triples_PS3_LYG_Way.jpg]
Love these type of threads. Thanks for the great show. I am pretty specific with my collection in general and have sold off a lot of great cards but for the ones I still have I think this is my top 10:

10. This is not a super rare card or anything but has a personal story for me as I won it when I was working for McDonalds. It was a national hockey pool and our store won a couple of months and the second month the prize was one of the jersey cards. Lucky for me the manager at the time knew I was a huge Roy fan so I was given this one.
[Image: th_Nov29-Roy.jpg]

9. I have had a lot of Roy autos over the years but for some reason this one just sticks with me and just pops off the card and it doesn't hurt that it is /25
[Image: th_IMG_0002_zpsbeb490bb.jpg]

8. Some of my favorite memorabilia cards come from the Between The Pipes sets. The stick pieces on the ones I have kept remind me of when I was growing up watching Roy in the early 90's with Montreal.
[Image: th_2009-10BetweenThePipesStickSaveBlackS...afdfd3.jpg]

7. This one needs little explanation only one word...Vezina
[Image: th_2006-07BetweenThePipesShootingGallery...a1f54a.jpg]

6. Nice graded copy of one of, if not, the best goal scorers ever
[Image: th_Ovechkin_zpszikpkd9x.jpg]

5. Nice autograph of the greatest player to ever play the game and if the uniform he should best be remembered in
[Image: th_IMG_0010_zpsuyyxto7b.jpg]

4. Again back to the memorabilia cards from Between The Pipes. This pad card actually is splitting the side of the card and contains the "P" of Roy's autograph on it as well. This was actually traded for on this site back in the day (Thanks johnjacobashley wherever you are these days)
[Image: th_2008-09BetweenThePipesSuper-SizedPads...9a8132.jpg]

3. This was a recent addition to the PC but was actually pack pulled so it adds a bit of significance for me
[Image: th_IMG_zpsoqtcncru.jpg]

2. This would normally be a #1 but the next card is just awesome (at least in my opinion)
[Image: th_Crosby%20YG_zpsoc0tesfq.jpg]

1. I traded for the raw copy of this card for a Nuke Cup RC /99 and sent it in for grading. Just love the look of this card and here is hoping that he is healthy next year for Montreal's sake
[Image: th_IMG_zpsvgg9valx.jpg]
Nice Cards anybody else?
Really this is a sad state and a real telling sign of how these boards are still trending.

A great hobby topic like this gets one reply.

Sadly it looks like the site is only being used as a trade tool and not as a community like it once was. I remember people always showing off their collections and cards but not anymore.

Thanks for trying, I really thought it would have taken off.
question: how do show off your cards on the forums
This is truly sad. Wish I had the time to post but I have not updated my PB in 2 years.
i always enjoying seeing everyones collection and/or pick up s and all that
(05-16-2016, 02:55 PM)snobles Wrote: [ -> ]Really this is a sad state and a real telling sign of how these boards are still trending.

A great hobby topic like this gets one reply.

Sadly it looks like the site is only being used as a trade tool and not as a community like it once was. I remember people always showing off their collections and cards but not anymore.

Thanks for trying, I really thought it would have taken off.
I'm here on the board every day but really don't have time to scan my 10 favorite cards. I am a RC collector so it will probably be 10 RCs. I will try to scan them soon.

SSP
(05-16-2016, 07:59 PM)csamsal Wrote: [ -> ]question: how do show off your cards on the forums
Not sure what you mean? I like to get a bunch together and do a big show after a few months of new inserts and stuff.

Even if you don't have the 10 cards scanned or whatever there have been like 190 views on the thread and before yesterday only 3 replies.

I am as guilty as the next for not replying to everyone's threads so I include myself in the group that really needs to step it up and keep this board relevant.
I agree with snobles that interest on this site seems to be on the decline, but I can also relate to sspboss302's statement that there is often not enough time to post and comment as my job is becoming more consuming and leaving less time for the hobby.

That said, here are my current top 10. I say "current" because favorites are always coming and going (always looking to upgrade!), but of the cards I have in my possession now, these are my favorites.

Sorry they are not ranked, but if I had to pick a favorite it would be the Panini Prime Ovechkin / Stamkos / Perry triple auto #1/10. Love all 3 players, and having all on one card is awesome to me. My number 2 would be the Shanahan Dominion Auto / Patch in the Whalers uniform because Shanny is my favorite player and I love the colors of the Whalers uniforms.

[Image: IMG_20160517_0002.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160517_0001.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4