Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: USPS is insane, or at least confused
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So last week I received a trade, a PWE trade, and this was the postage on it...
[Image: thumbnail_IMG_1681_zpsgo1tjpkb.jpg]

Today I received another trade, in a bubble mailer, and this was the postage on it...
[Image: thumbnail_IMG_1682_zps63n7sudn.jpg]

Seriously WTF? It is bad enough trying to trade when 95% of your trades are international, but if this keeps up how many of my American friends are going to continue to trade to Canada? How does a PWE with one card in it cost almost 10 bucks, but a bubble mailer, with all the cards individually top loaded etc cost less than three?
Did mine come in yet? I didnt pay that much for pwe. I think I paid less then 4 or 5 bucks.
(04-28-2016, 10:51 PM)tucker251 Wrote: [ -> ]Did mine come in yet? I didnt pay that much for pwe. I think I paid less then 4 or 5 bucks.
No but I would not expect it yet. Usually a little over a week for any trade.
To me, the first envelope, the white one, looks oversize. If that is the case, I know my post office always run the package thru a template. If the package dimensions are oversize, they bump your postage way up. This has been in place for several years. That's why I never ship anything oversize, they'll get you on postage.
(04-28-2016, 11:56 PM)bamyanks Wrote: [ -> ]To me, the first envelope, the white one, looks oversize. If that is the case, I know my post office always run the package thru a template. If the package dimensions are oversize, they bump your postage way up. This has been in place for several years. That's why I never ship anything oversize, they'll get you on postage.
This right here^^^. Your not allowed to put anything in a pwe anymore except letters. If they feel the cards they have to charge.
My suggestion on a PWE with 1 card....use a Christmas card or invitation w envelope, put your card in the toploader, write a little note, and ship er off. May need some extra postage, but you will not be charged "package" amounts. Plus your trader gets a Christmas card in May.....how cool is that!
(04-29-2016, 11:50 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestion on a PWE with 1 card....use a Christmas card or invitation w envelope, put your card in the toploader, write a little note, and ship er off. May need some extra postage, but you will not be charged "package" amounts. Plus your trader gets a Christmas card in May.....how cool is that!
Sounds good to me! Big Grin
(04-29-2016, 11:50 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestion on a PWE with 1 card....use a Christmas card or invitation w envelope, put your card in the toploader, write a little note, and ship er off. May need some extra postage, but you will not be charged "package" amounts. Plus your trader gets a Christmas card in May.....how cool is that!
Exactly how I send PWE!
(04-29-2016, 05:18 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: [ -> ]This right here^^^. Your not allowed to put anything in a pwe anymore except letters. If they feel the cards they have to charge.
But if you have 1 or 2 cards in 1 card holder the extra charge should only be .21 cents b/c it is non machinable. Also always wrap the cards in a piece of paper. Not yet a parcel. The real reason why you see such a difference for similiar size packages to Canada is that not every clerk sees things the same.
Well since this thread popped back to the top, I got a PWE from the states today. Postage on it $1.36. Exact same as the one charged $9.50, one card top loaded. The comment by hckydv7 about clerks and their interpretation seems to be the most plausible.
Pages: 1 2