Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Clint Bowyer question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, obviously the answer is "because it hasn't been Stock Car racing in years," but I find it amazing that a guy like Clint Bowyer goes from MWR where he won races and had top five and ten cars each year, to MScott where he really struggles to break the top thirty.

That, my friends, is such a huge disparity in equipment...
(04-24-2016, 03:14 PM)dunnere Wrote: [ -> ]Well, obviously the answer is "because it hasn't been Stock Car racing in years," but I find it amazing that a guy like Clint Bowyer goes from MWR where he won races and had top five and ten cars each year, to MScott where he really struggles to break the top thirty.

That, my friends, is such a huge disparity in equipment...
...especially since BK Racing bought many of the MWR cars and finish better than Clint pretty much every week now. Clint is supposed to be helping HScott Motorsports (not MScott Wink ) to learn what they need on-track to compete with the big companies. He's a veteran driver with experience in several makes and for many top teams. So far, he is just complaining! I think he'll get them to the point of consistent Top-25 finishes later in the season, but only if they can calm him down. He isn't helping with his words on-track right now, whether it is during practice or during a race. If Clint can calm down and give them useful info without being overly-excited or agitated, he really can help that team for the future. It will also help him when he moves to SHR. His mouth has been more aggressive this year than his driving has been. I don't really care for him, but Clint is a good driver. He could help HSM so much, IF he will try to do so. It seems more like he is just counting the races until he can get in the #14 car at SHR.
I'm just saying that Cint Bowyer was a legit threat to win races when he was in a MWR car, and now in a HScott ride, he is finishing in the back, 30+, most every race. So if it's not the driver (probably not the driver) it must be the ride...and finishing 8th in Bristol does not an argument make. They qualify in the back every race (average start is 33+, and started 36 in Bristol), and finish in the back every race (average finish is 27). Take out Bristol, and those numbers go to 32.88 Avg Start and 29 Avg Finish.

It must be like running in mud for Bowyer...any good finished they make are because of Bowyer and Luck, but it is tough to overcome inferior equipment.

The bigger picture, and bigger argument I have is this:

NASCAR is suppose to Stock Cars by different manufacturers, but it is pretty clear that there is a huge disparity in equipment...put Bowyer in the SHR 14 and he will run up front, I guarantee it. Keep him in a HSM ride, and he finish no better tan mid-pack, at best, and probably stay running at 30+.

Look, Danica Patrick is a mid-pack finisher, maybe get a top 20, but becaise she runs SHR equipment, there is alwasy the possibility that she can win a pole or grab a top ten or top five. Bowyer will never qualify better than 25 in that HScott ride.

And that is a big problem...it's the have a lots, the have a littles, and the have nones in NASCAR now. I do not like it.