Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Are you kidding me Beckett!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is getting outta hand. Now I can't trade unless I pay!!!!
This site is so money hungry, I'm just about done

Went to start a trade with someone for a card my friend needed. But no since I don't pay it says
" unfortunatly trade tool feature is no longer available to free or trial period users anymore. Please subscribe to online price guide or Beckett organize to get access "

Seriously are you guys that money hungry
(02-26-2016, 09:24 PM)pjpitbull Wrote: [ -> ]This is getting outta hand. Now I can't trade unless I pay!!!!

Went to start a trade with someone for a card my friend needed. But no since I don't pay it says
" unfortunatly trade tool feature is no longer available to free or trial period users anymore. Please subscribe to online price guide or Beckett organize to get access "

I feel like I've taken a journey on a time machine, to 2013.
(02-26-2016, 09:24 PM)pjpitbull Wrote: [ -> ]This is getting outta hand. Now I can't trade unless I pay!!!!

This has literally been the case for 3 years. I have a feeling that you had free access to everything for a long time due to a glitch. Weren't you the one posting about not being able to use the opg the way you used to other day, despite not paying for it? You shouldn't even be able to check anyone's org without some sort of subscription.
I rarely buy subscriptions. And when I didn't have them was always able to trade.
(02-26-2016, 09:24 PM)pjpitbull Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously are you guys that money hungry
And yes... most business are... In their defense (which I hate arguing for), I do not think there is anything wrong with them charging for a service. The $20 per year is averages out 67% of what it costs to ship a single bubble mailer per month. Also, the functioning of ORG has greatly improved since subscriptions... so I give them that. It also seems to have weeded out a bunch of the rift-raft and the amount of old-archaic org's that have cards listed for trade, with users not having logged in for multiple years has also improved.

From my experience, the $1.67 per month greatly outweighs the time/energy it has taken me to scan/catalogue/create trade lists on my own when I have ventured to other sites.

Anyway... old news. Kinda cool that you got a few free years out of it. Maybe if you pay for a few months of subscription, they throw in ORG for a while? In any case, they will get annoying when they start calling you a few times per month to see if you want to buy a subscription/org.
(02-26-2016, 10:39 PM)pjpitbull Wrote: [ -> ]I rarely buy subscriptions. And when I didn't have them was always able to trade.
Yeah, I think you just squeaked by due to a glitch. I'd look at it like I beat the system for a few years. It's a win.
Simple business tactics. If they make the investment to improve the product, there has to be revenue to pay for the investment that they made.

I haven't given Beckett any money in eight years.

Their next challenge to find a product that collectors like myself will pay for. I'm not an active trader and do not use their price guide to factor what I feel a card is worth.
That's one reason I stopped buying. They always called to upgrade. I had enough
Why are you on here?

(02-26-2016, 11:36 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: [ -> ]Simple business tactics. If they make the investment to improve the product, there has to be revenue to pay for the investment that they made.

I haven't given Beckett any money in eight years.

Their next challenge to find a product that collectors like myself will pay for. I'm not an active trader and do not use their price guide to factor what I feel a card is worth.
Isn't org like $8 bucks for the year? That alone is pretty good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4