Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: I Am a Special Person...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
... according to Beckett. Not only did I receive one call today I got a second one. For the same Damn thing. I guess that is why they can't fix issues with this site. They are too busy calling customer to sell products we don't want or need. I have asked to be put on the DO-NOT-CALL-LIST. But this only works for a week.
oooo,. they do love you. They want to hear your voice. you should try to get them to give you a really good deal. or just do what i do and talk to them cause you're lonely.
Hey, I'm special too!!!!! Just got the second call, and apparently I've been going about this whole collecting thing completely wrong. First, I should have already had all my PC cards graded and added to the Organize, even though I have no plans to ever trade them and couldn't afford to have a PC if I graded every card I collected, since it costs several fortunes to tell me that my cards may kinda sorta be worth some money. Fortunes that could have been better spent, you know, adding more cards to my collection. You know, for pricing and protection. Just in case.

A few highlights...
Rep: Can you tell us how may cards are in your collection
Me: I have no idea. A lot. Thousands.
Rep: What about your Organize, that should tell you?
Me: Oh, I only use that for trading, nothing from my collection is in there.
Rep: Really?
Me: Yup.

Rep: if you subscribe for a year, you can get it for only $XX, and have Organize for free.
Me: I just subscribed, and it was $YY (which was around $10 less than $XX), and it also came with the free Organize, so I'm good until next year.
Rep: Yes, but if you renew you can get it for $XX for the whole year, a discounted rate.
Me: I know, I did, thanks. What I would like to know is why I renewed, and then it was discounted to $ZZ (even less than $YY) for other members only a week or two later, and then was discounted even further, to almost half of what I paid, for another member. Don't you think it would be smarter to just offer your best price to your older members up front for retention purposes?
Rep: ....*a moment of silence*... We definitely appreciate that, and we always try to offer our best price for our Vintage members.
Me: If I'm a Vintage member, why did I pay nearly the full price? I know that was supposedly discounted, but when you say that I'm a Vintage member, why am I paying double what another Vintage member pays? What is my incentive for staying next time my subscription is up?
Rep: (dead silence for a moment, that took a left turn into the next exchange...)

Rep: Well, how about grading, do you have your cards graded?
Me: I never have cards graded, and don't ever plan to.
Rep: Grading cards protects them in a vacuum sealed package, and gives you up to the minute pricing.
Me: Oh, I know, I just don't like enclosing my cards in those cases, and don't care about what the perceived value is. They're for me to keep, and for my kids to eventually have, so I don't need to know what anyone else thinks they're worth.
Rep: Well, here's a discount code if you ever decide to have your cards graded
ME: Thanks.

I feel bad for asking the tough questions, but why is Beckett calling established members with current subscriptions to try and sell us more crap, and at a higher price than everyone else? Still on the fence about whether I'll renew next year thanks to the plummeting discount right after I bought in, again, like a fool, but this barrage of sales pitches on top of already getting the shaft is steering me away from even wanting to deal with them anymore. I stay for the trading and the community. The price guide helps to narrow down deals, but it's worth less than anyone here is paying for it. Sorry for ranting in your thread, but one more call and I'm going to tell the poor salesman off.
I feel so unwanted...you got TWO calls and I didn't even get one!
(02-11-2016, 12:29 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: [ -> ]Rep: Well, how about grading, do you have your cards graded?
Me: I never have cards graded, and don't ever plan to.
Rep: Grading cards protects them in a vacuum sealed package, and gives you up to the minute pricing.
Me: Oh, I know, I just don't like enclosing my cards in those cases, and don't care about what the perceived value is. They're for me to keep, and for my kids to eventually have, so I don't need to know what anyone else thinks they're worth.
Rep: Well, here's a discount code if you ever decide to have your cards graded
ME: Thanks.
That is exactly the same repertoire that he had with me. They are reading from a scripted sheet. The silence is because they had no verbiage to speak of. Was aggravating me about protecting my cards. We all have been doing this for awhile and know how to keep our cards SAFE.
they tried calling me the other day but cut them off when i had an important call for a job interview coming in Wink
And how special do you feel today?
I got the call and a voice mail yesterday...I would call them back but I am sure they are busy doing maintenance.
I've been getting calls too from a dude named Jason from India. All he wants is my credit card information......
if you guys get some coupon codes for the yearly renewal, I'd renew if i could get a decent price. You guys are my only friends.
Pages: 1 2