Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Trades to Canada
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just shipped one card to Canada and it cost 9.50 to ship. I am sorry but at this time if I do not already have a trade to Canada in the works I am gonna have to hold off trading for a while to Canada unless it is a major pc Item it is just too Pricey. I wish there was a way we could have someone close to the border receive and transfer packages even though I dont know how much more that would cost shipping the Item 2 times. Sorry Guys
I am with you. The price to ship to Canada has risen. I've paid as much as 16 dollars to ship a batch of cards to canada. I understand that Canadiens pay to ship to us also, but it's alot easier to handle 2.07 or 2.20 to ship within the US. So, as Christopher said, unless I have something pending, or there is also card that I absolutely need, I will only be doing trades within the United States.

Chris, if you haven't already, update your profile to say the same thing. That way, if someone from Canada does want to trade, they won't waste their time starting a trade with you only to be declined.
I feel your pain. I have paid those high rates to Canada a couple of times and cannot justify it going forward (I don't really do high end or too much hockey trading). That being said my trades with Canadians on here have all been great so it really sucks that the postage rates will end this. Hopefully a company/shipper can step in at some point and offer us a much better rate plan.
I need to find a way around...to be able to get those pc cards on the US side of the border...
(02-02-2016, 06:39 PM)ithor Wrote: [ -> ]I need to find a way around...to be able to get those pc cards on the US side of the border...
I agree with you 100%, except mine is the opposite. It seems like there are more Gaudreau and Gostisbehere north of the border, or maybe just more people who want to trade him. All in all, it sucks for both sides. I've made some great trades with people from Canada and haven't had a rude trader from either side of the border. The US traders need to step up and start offering trades with each other!!

As I said in my addition to this thread, the only way I will trade with anyone from Canada is if they have mid to high end Gaudreau or Gostisbehere or an Ovi young gun. Thanks for understanding, all my Canadien friends. Hopefully, someone can come up with an idea on how to be able to start trading again.

One other thing that I want to ask while I have some viewers here. My belief is that every card should be entered as the default condition. If your card shows mint, I expect it to be graded, mint. People that mark up, especially prime cards, to mint just to raise the value are dishonest, in my opinion. I think all my cards are mint to, but someone else may not see it that way. There are some that have them listed as mint and will compensate that by giving more $worth than they get, and that's fine. But to do it just to jack the price of your card is BS. This isn't directed at anyone specific, as I've already had this conversation with a few of you and those are the people who allow me to have a higher $ total than them. I think that's all I've got for now. Have a great night all!!
I totally understand that ... ill be on the look for those mid to high end cards you need lol
Hi Christopher. May I ask how your shipped your item (which method)? Do you recall how much it weighed?
(02-05-2016, 05:12 PM)shierydana Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Christopher. May I ask how your shipped your item (which method)? Do you recall how much it weighed?

Top loader first class small bubble mailer 1.6 oz
One of the most common things that comes up in these discussions is HOW it's shipped. The gix that most use is that they send it as a letter or postcard, not as a parcel or package. The issue with that is that if you send it as "regular mail," it goes through mechanical sorting. All of my packages, domestic or otherwise, say " please do not bend." That means that they are hand sorted. If I make a trade or sell someone a card, I expect it to arrive in the same condition it left. Subjecting the card to mechanical sorting definitely jeopardizes that. Which bring sme to an unrelated rant. Please, please, have the courtesy to send cards in appropriate protection. If you can afford a magnetic holder, I'll throw in an additional card so that you're compensated. Don't send a 150 dollar card sandwiched between 2 top loaders and put into a team bag!!! I buy my magnetic holders in bulk from either bcc or a private guy I know, who has great prices. I can forward his info if anyone would like it. So, when I send a mcdavid young gun, it goes in a magnetic holder, in a team bag and then in and double folded bubble envelope. That gives me the peace of mind that I did my part. That's not to say it can't get screwed up or lost, but and least I took precautions on my end to minimize the chances. If andtutionsnyone trades with me andtutionsnyone we are exchanging 50 dollar (sometimes less) or more cards, rest assured that it's coming in andtutionsnyone magnetic holder. So don't send my card in a top load with a prayer attached that it doesn't get bent up. We will each end up with a magnetic holder that we had before, so it's all square!! Anyone I've traded with, and I say this with at least 90% surety, will say that I package well and some of the cards have arrived in magnetic holders. Ugh, sorry for the rant, but I just got an spx blue jersey auto /50 of Gaudreau today that I bought on ebay. BV is $150 and it came from Canada in a letter envelope, packed between 2 top loaders, in a team bag......luckily, nothing was damaged, but it very well could have been. So that is really the basis of this novel. It's not anything that anyone here has done, but I had to put it out there so that if we do trade and it's a decent value, a die cut, auto or any card that you would put in a mag holder if i was in your pc, please try to be courteous. If need be, just ask that I put one of your cards in one so that you get one back. I think that's fair. If ask none thinks that my belief of how things go is wrong, 1. Please, tell me why asknyonend 2. I wouldn't even bother looking at my organizer if we are trading $$$$ cards. Not trying to be ignorant, just upfront and honest. I'm trying to make a good name for myself here and, so far, I think I've done that. Phewwwww. Alright everyone, have a great night and I hope your team puts up a victory tonight. -Joe
(02-05-2016, 05:42 PM)christophercox20 Wrote: [ -> ]Top loader first class small bubble mailer 1.6 oz
Hmmmm....I've been sending 2-4 oz. bubble envelopes using First Class Mail International Large Envelope/Flat to Canada for around $3.00.

Thicker envelopes (app. 7 oz.) would be sent First-Class Mail International Package/Thick Envelope (Varies) for about $9.

Perhaps the shipping service you're selecting is not appropriate for the smaller envelope you're sending?

Just a thought.

Pages: 1 2