Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 1995 Jordan Test Refractor PSA or BGS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Michael Jordan 1995 Finest Mystery orange border test refractor graded a PSA 10. I am thinking of sending it in to BGS to get it graded by them. I have some concerns though. I have heard BGS grades a lot harder than PSA, and I don't want it to lose its value due to a lower grade. How often do PSA 10's get graded below a BGS 9.5? Also, is a BGS 9.5 worth more or less than a PSA 10? I would really like to take the chance of getting BGS 10, simply because the pop is at 0 right now, I just do not know how much risk/reward there is. To be honest, I really do not know how much the card is worth right now being a PSA 10. Anyone have any idea? Do you guys think I should submit it to BGS, or keep it a PSA 10?
Watching as I have a Penny and am thinking the same exact thing! Scared to send in and get a BGS 9..... I would be OK with a 9.5 of course. Id rather have a BGS 9.5 than a PSA 10.

Would you send in still in the PSA case, or would you have to crack prior to sending?
(01-12-2016, 09:46 PM)sullydoggy Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Michael Jordan 1995 Finest Mystery orange border test refractor graded a PSA 10. I am thinking of sending it in to BGS to get it graded by them. I have some concerns though. I have heard BGS grades a lot harder than PSA, and I don't want it to lose its value due to a lower grade. How often do PSA 10's get graded below a BGS 9.5? Also, is a BGS 9.5 worth more or less than a PSA 10? I would really like to take the chance of getting BGS 10, simply because the pop is at 0 right now, I just do not know how much risk/reward there is. To be honest, I really do not know how much the card is worth right now being a PSA 10. Anyone have any idea? Do you guys think I should submit it to BGS, or keep it a PSA 10?

I think I would keep it PSA. A lot of traders like PSA as much or more than BGS. Would not want to risk the change of a down grade....
I'm shocked to find more than one person that would consider the idea of taking a PSA 10 to go for a BGS grade. Considering the fact it's an older card - you'd get better offers for a PSA 10 than a BGS 9.5 for sure. Even a BGS 10 may be in lower demand compared to the PSA 10 (not taking into consideration it would be the only BGS 10). For older cards, collectors prefer PSA over BGS. That's a beautiful card and I'd hang on to it as is. Unless you need the cash - I wouldn't even sell it. But if you are considering selling it, PM me with a price.