Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Crown Royale Retail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I saw this for $40 and decided why not?

Autograph - Cameron Artis-Payne /49 - at least Panini delivered what they promised for once - and its low numbered and a nice looking card - would be nicer if it was a better player

Jersey - Jalen Strong /499 - not very exciting - its high numbered and one color. But again, the box promised an autograph and a relic and it did deliver

Numbered - silver - Cam Newton /199 - probably the best thing in the box actually.

Team cards with three players - Bucaneers and Panthers (this was definitely a Panthers box)

Breast Cancer die cuts - Dez Bryant and someone else that was good but I can't remember right off hand

Numbered rookie jersey number /51 - some linebacker.

Overall, it wasn't horrible and at least Panini delivered what they promised for a change - but the base cards are still a bit weird shaped but no longer full crowns and the inserts are kind of repetitive with other Panini products (they had similar triple die cut cards in Rookies and Stars) and less unique than they used to be - overall, it doesn't seem horrible for $40, but I am not sure I will get any more of this product in retail. I still kind of have a feeling that Panini is trying their best to ruin what used to be one of my favorite products of the year.

If you like Crown Royale, you'll probably be happy with the boxes - if you took some time off from Crown Royale and haven't gotten it for a few years, you might be disappointed - but at the price of two blasters a guaranteed autograph and memorabilia card and the fact that the hits all appear to be numbered might be decent enough value. I am not entirely convinced it is
Artis-Payne seems to be in every single box I've seen opened this year lol.
(12-19-2015, 12:17 PM)savagenate Wrote: [ -> ]Artis-Payne seems to be in every single box I've seen opened this year lol.
I haven't gotten much this year, but I did get a Artis-Payne out of a Sage Hit blaster so its still the second one.

I've also gotten two Rashad Greene who at least has actually played in an actual NFL game

Honestly, I'm pretty much done opening football boxes - been getting too many $5 autos out of $100 boxes to continue.
I'll trade you the auto(uh 150 Points Card) for the Artis-Payne if you want.
Wouldn't mind an auto of his, and obviously I'd put a little more with the points since yours is /49.
PM sent!
I just bought a box and got a reward points card. I didn't mind because I got a couple of Basketball autos of 2 of my favorite players.
(12-22-2015, 09:46 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't gotten much this year, but I did get a Artis-Payne out of a Sage Hit blaster so its still the second one.

I've also gotten two Rashad Greene who at least has actually played in an actual NFL game

Honestly, I'm pretty much done opening football boxes - been getting too many $5 autos out of $100 boxes to continue.
You might want watch Carolina play Payne is a pretty good player
(12-22-2015, 09:46 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't gotten much this year, but I did get a Artis-Payne out of a Sage Hit blaster so its still the second one.

No offense but you bought a $40 retail box, I'm not sure what you were expecting and Sage is garbage. Buy some better product and get better resulats
(01-05-2016, 03:48 PM)largent0073299775 Wrote: [ -> ]You might want watch Carolina play Payne is a pretty good player

No offense but you bought a $40 retail box, I'm not sure what you were expecting and Sage is garbage. Buy some better product and get better resulats
I've gotten more good player autographs out of Sage blasters recently than I have out of Panini hobby boxes. That is sad but true. And Sage doesn't use rededemptions or an insulting "points program" where you have to pay to get the card that they failed to deliver to you in the first place.

Sage is honest about what you get too - when you get 3 or 4 autographs in a blaster for $20 you know you aren't going to get anything worth too much - but you know you aren't going to really lose either at that price.

The Artis-Payne autograph was better than anything in the hobby box of Crown Royale I got - and at the time of the post, Artis-Payne had yet to see significant action and had been inactive in most games.
DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING FOR TRADE, LOOKING FOR COWBOYS?
(01-06-2016, 07:20 PM)maizenblue73175 Wrote: [ -> ]DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING FOR TRADE, LOOKING FOR COWBOYS?
I don't trade on here and I didn't get any Cowboys hits
Pages: 1 2