Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: My Certified Freshman Fabric Prime Autos Rolling Thread (Updated 9/18/2016)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Time flies and we quickly accumulate a lot of cards in this hobby.

After some time (and a lot of wasted funds), I started collecting sets that don't cost a fortune but look pretty nice when together. It also gives me a reason to continue in the hobby when there seems to be more about profits from the card companies down to the collector level.

Once I found something to collect for the love of the hobby, I stopped over paying and developed some patience when going after something.

I still pick up a card here and there. But, as far as sets go, I do a sticker auto set and a product with on-card autos every year.

I wanted to share these on-going sets because, despite many changes in the hobby, I still feel this is something to distract me from the every day stresses of life.

I will try to be selective and go for the unique to keep it interesting.

I'll start with the 2010 Certified Mirror Gold Freshman Fabric Autos complete graded set (all #/25). I spent a lot of time trying to find cards for the set that would grade a 9.0 or 9.5. I finally completed it when I finally found a Golden Tate (after 4 separate attempts) finally got a 9.0 3 months ago. It also has the only card in the set never signed (Dexter McCluster). This set is put to bed...finally!

For the first time shown anywhere as a set....

2010 CERTIFIED MIRROR GOLD FRESHMAN FABRIC AUTOS GRADED

10 BGS Gold Cert FF 1 photo 10 BGS Gold Cert FF 1.jpg

10 BGS Gold Cert FF 2 photo 10 BGS Gold Cert FF 2.jpg

10 BGS Gold Cert FF 3 photo 10 BGS Gold Cert FF 3.jpg

10 BGS Gold Cert FF 4 photo 10 BGS Gold Cert FF 4.jpg

10 BGS Gold Cert FF 5 photo 10 BGS Gold Cert FF 5.jpg

10 BGS Gold Cert FF 6 photo 10 BGS Gold Cert FF 6.jpg

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss260...FF%207.jpg

10 BGS Gold Cert FF 8 photo 10 BGS Gold Cert FF 8.jpg

10 BGS Gold Cert FF 9 photo 10 BGS Gold Cert FF 9.jpg

very nice..
Awesome! Congrats on your completion Mel, and of course I love that they're all BGS graded!

John
Thanks. I was pretty close to completing the 2010 Emerald set. It looks pretty much the same except I am missing the Dez Bryant and the Dexter McCluster was never made. I have the Marcus Easley but it was damaged in production and not worth grading. I've never seen another. I guess that is to be expected when they were only serial numbered to 5.

The 2010 Certified FF Black I have shown before. It has been a couple years since I posted anything about it. I was stuck at 21 of 35 cards for over 2 years. Much to my surprise, a new one popped up last week....the first I'd seen or had access to in 2+ years.

I'll just show the last 4 I found since I last posted on a thread about the set. The first 3 are from my old scanner. The Armanti Edwards was the latest pick-up at a great price. When it returns from BGS, I'll share the entire graded set.

10 Dez Bryant Cert FF 001001 photo 10DezBryantCertFF0101.jpg

10 Golden Tate Cert FF 001001 photo 10GoldenTateCertFF001001.jpg

10 Mike Williams Cert FF 001001 photo 10MikeWilliamsCertFF001001.jpg

10 Armanti Edwards Cert FF 001001 photo 1020Armanti20Edwards20Cert20FF20001001.jpg

very cool stuff! keep on sharing!
awesome stuff! you going to upgrade the 9s when opportunity knocks?
YOU HAVE A SIC COLLECTION! CONGRATS!
Dope collection!! Nice!!!
More updates. This time 2011 CERTIFIED FRESHMAN FABRIC AUTOS.

I did not realize until I revisited this set for this thread that I had shelved this and never gone back.

This was the first and only year that there were on-card autos on the Freshman Fabric cards. There were also a lot of 1st and 2nd round QB's and WR's in the set. This created a lot of problems.

First, a lot of players did not sign and there were too many redemptions. Because the players handled these cards a lot, they went thru a lot of hands before packaging. The cards had very soft corners. This led to a lot of damaged cards that were replaced or destroyed. Overall, a poor set for grading.

Second, because of the QBs, the prices were ridiculously high. Sellers were asking for up to $10,000 for Colin Kaepernick's Cert FF Black auto and something like $1000 for Ryan Mallett!

I also moved to Phoenix at the start of the 2011 NFL season as well.

I only planned on putting together the Emerald set and pick up a couple of Cert Black autos. I got tired of poor grades and just quit. I still pick the ungraded ones up in hopes of one day completing the set.

Here are some of the nicer cards in the Emerald set. I'm hoping to find the missing cards or better quality of the one's shown.

2011 CERTIFIED EMERALD FRESHMAN FABRIC AUTOS:

11 BGS Cert FF Emerald 1 photo 11 BGS Emerald Cert FF 1.jpg

11 BGS Cert FF Emerald 2 photo 11 BGS Emerald Cert FF 2.jpg

11 BGS Cert FF Emerald 3 photo 11 BGS Emerald Cert FF 3.jpg

11 BGS Cert FF Emerald 4 photo 11 BGS Emerald Cert FF 4.jpg

11 BGS Cert FF Emerald 5 photo 11 BGS Emerald Cert FF 5.jpg

Here are 4 more that were waiting to be graded.....

11 BGS Cert FF Emerald Pending photo 11 BGS Emerald Cert FF Pending.jpg

At the time, I wasn't going to try to grab too many of the Certified Black like in 2010. Too many stars and too expensive. Over the years, I still ended up with about 12 or 13. I'm only showing this because my favorite card from the entire set came from Black. An homage to Cam Newton for his leadership and fine play this year!

11 BGS Cert FF Black 1 photo 11 BGS Black Cert FF 1.jpg

11 BGS Cert FF Black 2 photo 11 BGS Black Cert FF 2.jpg

More updates to follow.....
Jaw-dropping as always, Mel!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6